Closed Thread
Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Aussiecarla, I will wait til Sunday or Monday before I test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teeja: I'm doing OI, the initial consultation cost $240. I then see the FS day 8 for an U/S, which cost $90. I normally have to see her again at least once or twice more for the scans before I ovulate. Then the meds would cost me about $100 each cycle. I can claim the FS and scans back from Medicare, so it's not that $$$.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aussiecarla- yep, my leave-in acupuncture is for stress and anxiety and I can give it a rub in times of need...I really can tell the difference too! Mine sounds slightly different as it's a tiny square of the sticky part of a band aid which has a tiny coil that ends in a tiny needle spike which is stuck in the top/front of my ear. You have to look really close to be able to see it as it's skin coloured.

Mrs Hopeful- so sorry about the frozen emby mix up, I think I was confusing your EPU with Elm's. Double squishy hugs for you needing to stim again I'm sure your FS/FC would have learnt lots about your cycle and eggs/hubby's sperm to go ahead more confidently with this next cycle to slightly tweak things to get you that much deserved bub in your belly xoxoxo

Heyside- let us know how you get on with that email, hopefully you hear back soon. Yeah, I haven't had it tested in a while but I remember one of my cholesterol tests coming back slightly high also a couple of years back. With my latest Prog blood test which I got my work-mate to collect, my FS also ordered all of the general preg health tests and I know one of them includes a cholesterol so I chose to fast for it to hopefully get a true reading...it'll be interesting to see what it is. PCOS just really sucks in every way doesn't it?! I'll be devastated if my dd starts showing any signs of it one day Hope that Provera works nice and quick for you....Provera and Clomid both make me quite cranky. Like if I'm eating around someone who eats loudly with their mouth open/smacking their lips together....I really have to stop myself from picking up their whole plate of food and shoving it in their face- type of cranky....lol.

Teeja- welcome I'm very sorry to hear about your losses, it's such a cruel thing to go through I hope your time here need only be a short one and you get that much deserved sticky BFP. I did the FSH injections with IUI and it cost us about $1100 which included everything (drugs, bloods, scans and treatment). Good luck! xx

ELM- your FS sounds great I've changed positions in my job in the last week once again also and am struggling to get through a full day so I can only imagine what starting a whole new job would be like! Can you believe I actually just plain forgot to look up my results?! Ridiculous really.... I'll have to wait until I'm back at work on Monday and I'll look them up as I don't go back to see my FS/Ob until my next scan in two weeks. Yay, congrats on your great results and scan showing that lovely strong heart beat. Super happy for you xx

Rj- congratulations on your scan and seeing that lovely heartbeat! I had a bleed with my daughter at 10 weeks which was brown (filled about 4 panty- liners) and freaked me out sooo bad but all was fine. At my 12 week scan they could see that I had a clot (there's a medical name for it but my brain won't think of it right now) of blood sitting at the bottom of my uterus which the scan lady warned me I might get another bleed or start spotting but, I never did and it was all gone by my 20 week scan so my body must have absorbed it. I think it's kind of common? A friend of mine bled bright red clots and was told it was the same thing! :-0 Her bub is a healthy 3 year old now

Pjk- I'm sorry I've never taken Pregnyl so I can't help you there but I hope those early cramps were a positive sign...wishing you the very best of luck! xx

Wow Karmajane- I never knew IVF could be that cheap! And for ICSI also! That's not much more than what I was paying for OI/IUI. I would've been out of pocket around $5000 for IVF with my FS/FC. I'm glad it's getting cheaper these days, go Westmead...is that in Brisbane?
    Last edited by Ladydee; 21-02-2014 at 12:54.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

rj85  (22-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! Thank you for all your responses and welcoming me you've all helped me out with a lot of info there, its interesting to see the varying details and costs involved.

I'm pretty sure we will be doing timed intercourse as everything is fine with DH and we now know we can get pregnant but I'm sure they will talk about it more with us at our next appointment. I'll be calling my FS today to see what our next steps are after getting a BFN for this cycle which is our last clomid cycle.

I look forward to getting to know you all more and hope there are BFPs for us all very soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,
    There was no need to poas, AF showed this morning. So hopefully March is our month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gah, sorry to hear that Pjk Big hugs to you and I hope you spoil yourself with something nice today, that sucks xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I'm going shopping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    rj85 - Good news with the results of your scan hun nice to see all is well I bet, I am sure the spotting is nothing to worry about hun especially as you said it was light brown so probably old blood. Glad you asked for advice though to reassure you and hsg levels sound good.

Mrs Hopeful - So sorry hun, I really hoped this was your cycle big hugs hun . Hope the appointment on Monday goes well, think I would be doing the same and asking for 2 transferred, hope they do it for you.

aussiecarla - So funny how clinics can charge the varying amounts for the same type of cycle, I definitely feel all fees are very costly though and one of the reasons we are questioning paying for our last cycle which left us with no chance of conception.

Karmajane - Hope you get some good results with the periodic samples hun. I can definitely understand your concern with how you will feel/react with your friends ttc and any pregnancies in the future, definitely a hard one to deal with when we are going through this, has she an understanding of everything you are going through?

Ladydee - Yeah pcos def sucks, especially how it effects every part of our lives, I also dread DD showing signs of the syndrome although at least I know what signs to look out for and am more aware. When I look back I have always shown issues linked with my periods and blood sugar levels although it use to more linked with hypoglycaemia and I often had fainting issues when my period arrived as a teenager and never had a clue.

Teeja - Hope your next appointment makes everything clear about your next cycle and you can move forward more confidently.

pjk - so sorry hun, sorry af showed herself big hugs . Hoping March is much luckier and you can move onto getting your bfp. Funny I remember saying when trying for DD I initially said we would never try during the month of March as it would mean a Christma/dec baby but there is no way I would give up on a whole month, bring on that Christmas baby what a great present that would be for us girls searching for that bfp

AFM - I got a reply from my fn on Friday in response to my e-mail, we were quite relaxed in our question and simply asked if we were having to start a new cycle of the last cycle would simply contine due to no ovulation and we simply got a blanket response back that no we would be starting a new cycle. So we have just sent another e-mail back today being a little bit more upfront and asking about the money we have wasted on a cycle we had no chance in. Hopefully we will get an answer back at the beginning of next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside, I have already got a Christmas baby born on the 20th December. Always wanted to avoid it again! We are going to try again this cycle but if that doesn't work then we will have a month off. We are going to fiji in April and my next cycle will be in full swing then so will have to miss it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I went to see my parents which I don't do often as they live near my sister (who I don't speak to). It was fine except I got lectures from my mother about how it's nobody else's fault that we can't have a baby (I haven't spoken to my sister for over a year and a half due to the insensitive fashion in which she had her last child - i.e. Not telling me she was trying, getting pregnant the WEEK of my first IVF, not even telling me she WAS pregnant, etc.) and I shouldn't take it out on other people. I swear, it's probably not even worth the bother of going out there anymore as she refuses to see my point of view. And she wonders why I don't keep her in the loop!

Anyway, just catching up on the thread before I head to bed for the night.

To answer your question Ladydee, Westmead is in Sydney. It's our only public fertility clinic as far as I know. It's a lot cheaper because, while you have a specific FS, you get treated by whomever is on that day and they cut a lot of unnecessary costs. It's pretty good.