Closed Thread
Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Teeja, welcome to the thread, hope your stay is short. Injection cycles are pretty straight forward once you get use to everything, a lot of people are worried about injecting themselves but you will be pretty surprised as to how quickly you get use to everything. My cycle usually begins with a blood test on CD1 to see where my hormones stand and then I start injecting around CD3. You will probably start on a lower dose until they have an idea as to how you respond, it can always be increased if needed throughout your cycle. It is best to take the injections at the same time, I do this in the morning just after I get up as its the best time for me. I usually then go into my clinic around CD10 to see how my follicles have been developing, any every few days after that until I have some good sized follicles measuring 18 plus. I will then use a trigger injection to induce ovulation and one of these days I hoping to catch the follicle, we are doing a timed intercourse cycle, have you decided on your type of cycle yet? It usually costs me around $60 for my medication and I pay around $600 for the cycle with my clinic and my trigger injection, unfortunately I get no medicare rebate on that due to the type of cycle we are doing. Hope this was of some help to you and if you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask the girls in this thread are all very helpful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We must have posted at the same time ELM , great news on the scan today how exciting! Great news that you are getting close observation with regular scans too, those blood test results are also awesome lots of good news

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone!
    Teeja- welsome hun! Heyside's summary is very good, everyone uses slightly different meds, like heyside said, some use timed intercourse (TI) and others intrauterine insemination (IUI) but IUI costs a fair bit more, we did 4 cycles of OI with injectables before moving to IVF. I didn't get any rebate on the meds or cycles either, mine were about the same costings as heyside mentioned

Mrs Hopeful- hope AF is staying away hun, how long till your formal bloods? Hope your feeling better and not coming down with something

Aussiecarla- sorry to hear about your BFN hun, my clinic is very similar in that I only met with my FS 4 times in total in the year that I was with the clinic,- not even after each failed cycle, even now I only have contact with the FN's though they are wonderful! Hopefully you still manage to get the information ans some positive steps for your next cycle.

Heyside- hmm not sure about the provera I was always put on 21 days of my regular pill!! So not sure the usual length, if your clinic have said 5 days maybe that's all you need? Good luck with seeking out an endocrinologist it sounds like the right thing to do and hopefully will not only help bring your BFP but also help with any possible future health issues.

Karmajane- hope you are feeling alright at the moment hun, when is your appt with your FS so you can discuss meds for your DH?

Ladydee- great news hun! good to hear bub is growing nicely the scan lady told me the other day they are accurate to 5 days +/- so it could still be within normal range for your dates. How were your progesterone levels travelling?

Elm- great news hun, good levels and nice little healthy bubba on the scan- always so exciting to see for the first time, nice they are keeping a close eye on you.

AFM- TMI alert!!
    had my scan this monday measured at 7wk 1 day (actual dates 7wk 3day) so all good and good HR 139! Only thing was I developed very light brown spotting that afternoon so freaked me out a little, but was never heavy and never red, with no cramps/pain. Had my BT tues and when they called with my results I let them know they said nothing to worry about my HCG had gone up to 119000 from 36000 last week and USS was good, but will recheck final BT next week . My next scan isn't due til 13th March with my obstetrician.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rj85 For This Useful Post:

ELM13  (20-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BT today and confirmed BFN :-(
    I expected it so am feeling better than I thought I would. Still spotting so it's the crinone keeping AF away so now that I've stopped taking it I should get a proper bleed tomorrow or Saturday. Have got an appt with the FS on Monday and the nurse thinks they will up my dosage.
    I'm going to ask about having 2 transferred (IF we get that many), although I don't think they do that til after 3 failed attempts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone!
    Sorry I have been Mia lately, have been sick and then DD was sick.
    Congrats to those who got their BFP! And good luck to everyone for this cycle.

AFM: I am currently 12dpo. My cycle was a long one and my follies just wouldn't grow. The last scan I had showed a 13, 12 and two 11mm follies. I was then told to trigger 2 days later. So I'm not sure if the follies were big enough when I triggered.
    Anyone know if pregnyl can influence a pregnacy test? I had my last dose on day 8 po. Not sure when I can poas. Any ideas??? I had major pain and cramps on Monday night(9dpo) so not sure if that was implantation pain, didn't have that with DD.
    Any way, I bought more pregnacy sticks today and it's so hard not to use them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pjk View Post
    AFM: I am currently 12dpo. My cycle was a long one and my follies just wouldn't grow. The last scan I had showed a 13, 12 and two 11mm follies. I was then told to trigger 2 days later. So I'm not sure if the follies were big enough when I triggered.
    Anyone know if pregnyl can influence a pregnacy test? I had my last dose on day 8 po. Not sure when I can poas. Any ideas??? I had major pain and cramps on Monday night(9dpo) so not sure if that was implantation pain, didn't have that with DD.
    Any way, I bought more pregnacy sticks today and it's so hard not to use them!
    Hey, yes I was just on Pregnyl & it does. I did a hpt a cheapie from eBay 6days past my last shot & it was a very very faint 2nd line. But I knew it was the Pregnyl. I had the blood test the next day & it was BFN & she said i still had HCG in my system from the shots, level of 9.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Hopeful, so sorry to hear about your bfn Sad for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside I am doing the same. Ovulation induction with TI. I won't complain about my cost now! Mine is $350 a cycle plus I pay for the meds. I thought it was a rip off since I would only have 1 scan & a few bloods!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Teeja!!!!

Elm, that is awesome results!!! Congrats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Teeja: Welcome! As the other ladies have pretty much covered, costs and procedure for injections differs based on what you're having done (timed intercourse, IUI, IVF, ICSI, etc) as well as your FS/clinic. My DH and I went straight to ICSI as we have male factor infertility with a very low count and low motility. Our first clinic charged $8200 up front with us being out of pocket about $2500 after rebate. After 4 tries (2 of which were cancelled so didn't cost as much) we couldn't afford it anymore so switched to Westmead. We now pay $5000 or so and end up about $1300 out of pocket for the first cycle in the year and $350 out of pocket for every cycle after that.

As I'm in for ICSI my injections are usually bigger - like 150 units of Gonal F every day from CD2 or 3 - as I'm trying to get a lot of follicles. The clinic check my bloods every couple of days and do a scan about a week into injections. At about CD6 or 7 I also start Orgalutran shots to stop me ovulating. It's all a bit confusing until you do it yourself. We're all happy to answer questions though

ELM: Congrats on the new job and on that lovely scan

rj85: I'm actually feeling a bit strange lately. Very tired and kinda ill a lot of the time. Not sure if it's just stress getting to me. We don't have an appointment right now as we've got to start our periodic samples, which we will start next weekend and do every 2 weeks. I've asked DH to ask about Clomid when he gets the results of the first sample (if it's not good).

Congrats on the scan! I wouldn't worry too much about the spotting if it's light and not painful, especially if your bloods are that good. A lot of women have bleeding all the way through.

Mrs Hopeful: Sorry about the BFN I was really hoping it was your turn.

AFM: Still just waiting to do these tests with DH. Hoping that they're better than the last 2 samples. Until then just trying to get on with things. Can't believe we've been trying for over 4 years now. It goes so fast but so slow at the same time! Had a close girlfriend tell me she is going to start trying. I'm wavering between being hopeful for her and dreading her getting pregnant. I guess I just have to see how I feel if it happens and try to be supportive whatever happens.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to KarmaJane For This Useful Post:

rj85  (22-02-2014)