+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bladder fused to uterus

During my c-section 2 weeks ago the doctor informed me that my bladder had fused itself to my uterus. This resulted in him having to make a new incision in my uterus as he couldn't use the previous incision site without causing damage to my bladder. During the section the doctor separated the two but he said that it is highly likely to happen again. We were then told that if we wanted to have anymore children we should consider that in our decision as another pregnancy/delivery could be complicated. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was pretty sure it would be my last. Now I'm not so sure. Has anyone had this and gone on to have an uncomplicated pregnancy and delivery? Any longer term bladder issues etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Not me, but my SIL had placenta accreta in her last pregnancy where the placenta grew through her uterus wall and attached to her bladder. She was in hospital for I think 8 weeks before she had her DD at 35weeks by csection and had a hysterectomy at the same time. Her DD is 18 months now and she's had ongoing issues, full prolapse surgery, recently more surgery because her body rejected the sling and she's had to have it removed. She's facing more surgery now

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my 6 week checkup after my second CS my doc mentioned that my uterus had fused to the bladder after my first CS and he had corrected it during the second CS. He never mentioned it as an issue for future pregnancies.

I am now 23w with my third pregnancy. The delivery will be CS number 3 and the fused uterus has not been raised by my doc as an issue. All scans during the second and third pregnancies have been normal - no mention of such an issue. Tou have prompted to me to ask the doc about this at my next appt but I am not concerned that there will be a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Adhesions are quite common with multiple caesareans. They usually try and separate the adhesions though which they did with yours.

Just means it will be a difficult caesarean for your next one, might take a bit longer to get baby out and you might be more sore afterwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear your sister has had such a horrible time cindye

Yeah the doctor did say it was common with c-sections. The way the doctor spoke made it seem worse than it actually is I think. I'll be raising it with my gp at the 6 week check up. I was just curious to see if it had caused any issues for others.