+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Feeling sorry for myself.

For the first time ever, ever im going to bed having left a pile of dirty dinner dishes in and around the sink. After Ds1&2 fell asleep I looked at them then sat and cried instead.
    I just don't have the energy. I've decided to go to bed, it's only 9pm. I'm never in bed usually before 10.30pm.
    Dh is with his family because his grandma passed away. Fair enough. I just struggle with ds1&2 (who are 4.5yrs and 2yrs). Ds1 likes to tease and hurt his brother (hit him or push him if he does something wrong or touch something he shouldn't). I did the whole removal of toys, no watching a movie after dinner etc. I'm just emotionally drained.
    Is it normal to feel this way?
    Sometimes I wonder if I could be depressed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No advice as I only have 1 but looking after 2 small boys on your own at the moment would be emotionally draining for anyone so hugs and try and get a good sleep

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (17-03-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What's normal for others may not be your normal, so if you continue feeling uncharacteristically unmotivated, drained, emotional or depressed, maybe it is something you need to look into.
    Don't forget, we all have our ups and downs, no one is 100% happy all the time; we get down in the dumps from time to time, only you know what's "normal" for you.
    Don't fret about the washing up, I'm guessing they'll be waiting for you in the morning Enjoy your early night and see how you feel in the morning after a good rest x

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 16-03-2014 at 20:31.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (17-03-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (16-03-2014),Wise Enough  (16-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I often go to bed 830. And leave the dishes to be done at a later time. Do it a couple of times and you'll come to the realisation the world won't end if you do these things.
    It's incredibly liberating once you learn to cut yourself some slack.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (17-03-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (16-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    What's normal for others may not be your normal, so if you continue feeling uncharacteristically unmotivated, drained, emotional or depressed, maybe it is something you need to look into.
    Don't forget, we all have our ups and downs, no one is 100% happy all the time; we get down in the dumps from time to time, only you know what's "normal" for you.
    Don't fret about the washing up, I'm guessing they'll be waiting for you in the morning Enjoy your early night and see how you feel in the morning after a good rest x

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".
    This. Great advice. Hugs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs.
    It's ok to just leave things and go to bed. Tomorrow is a new day. Here's hoping the children are in better moods tomorrow to.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for the supportive comments.
    I'll see how I feel tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Motherhood is hard sometimes, don't try and do everything all at once. Do the best you can, sounds like you were tired don't put a label on it and say you have depression unless you feel this way all the time. xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aurora21 For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel like that most days! It doesn't help being 33 weeks pregnant...

have you seen the Facebook memo saying "you're making it really difficult to be the parent I thought I'd be"... Rings so true!

ds1 and 2 are constantly at each other, ds1 has sooo much attitude. They get in bed or I drop them to school and I'm often in tears with how I've handled them.

A good old sleep will do you the world of good, dishes will still be there in the morning.

If your concerned about depression you can always talk to your GP, it won't hurt either way. There's also the edinbprough depression scale which may give you an idea... Good luck!