+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default CVS complications - I think needle went into sac

Hi all,

I had a CVS done at SUFW last week. It was a bit traumatic because they had to go in twice and my husband and I both think we saw the needle go through to the sac. The doctor of course didn't say a word about any problems. So now I have got myself into a complete panic. It has been 4 and a half days, and I've had no bleeding (touch wood) but have had some discharge, not sure whether its normal or not (I'm also still on progesterone pessaries from ivf).
    So, what are your thoughts. Please tell me there is some hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi I had an amnio not a cvs so I hope you don't mind me posting. The Doctor has a duty of care to tell you if something didn't go as planned or if there were complications so I would assume it went as well as it could. After my amnio I had more discharge which the Dr said to expect. If you have any cramping take panadol and if it eases don't worry too much. Good news that you haven't had spotting, sounds like everything is fine If ever in doubt though call your dr as It's always better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they went through the sac with a CVS as they need placenta on baby's side so they can get correct chromosomal reading. Because if they went to section on uterus wall they run the risk of obtaining your tissue & cells and not bubs.

It's been almost 5 years since I was given info so could be somewhat jumbled by now for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys,

I've had a cvs before and he went nowhere near the sac. I've read some stories about the sac being punctured and ladies slowly losing their amniotic fluid. I Seriously hope that doesn't happen. I haven't yet told my ob my concerns, I think I might email him today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearCrystal View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they went through the sac with a CVS as they need placenta on baby's side so they can get correct chromosomal reading. Because if they went to section on uterus wall they run the risk of obtaining your tissue & cells and not bubs.

It's been almost 5 years since I was given info so could be somewhat jumbled by now for me.
    I thought the same thing aswell and with amnios they are accessing tge fluid around baby.

I know It's all really stressful but hang in there The chances of something like that happening are very small so try to imagine bub will be absolutely fine Still talk to your ob because I'm sure they will reassure you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No advice just big hugs and send that email off to ease your mind