+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    There's no way my DH would accept a meat free meal EVER! Do people really eat lentils? By choice?
    DP is the same, if it doesn't contain animal flesh of some sort it's not really a meal. Even a tuna bake thing I make occasionally is pushing it. But he's so NOT fussy that even then he will eat it without complaining. If I tried to serve veggie soup as dinner then he would probably make himself something to eat afterwards. He's a tradie so part of it is that he's so hungry after work and meat is more filling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    No fuss here - we'll try anything. Love our food! I have no issue with fussy eaters (though I just don't geddit) but I would hate to have to cater to a fussy adult - they'd have to look after their own meals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    There's no way my DH would accept a meat free meal EVER! Do people really eat lentils? By choice?
    I do! Dahl, Chana Masala....two delicious Indian meals made on lentils. Lentil salad, chick pea patties, meat free chilli made with lentils. The list goes on, plus they keep you regular

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    I do! Dahl, Chana Masala....two delicious Indian meals made on lentils. Lentil salad, chick pea patties, meat free chilli made with lentils. The list goes on, plus they keep you regular
    Lol, my poor DH made me curried lentil burgers. Let's just say he considered sleeping on the couch that night and hasn't dared make them again even though they were so cheap an yummy!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (17-03-2014)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dh is fussy and complaints and critiques everything but still ears it. We both chefs so I tell him if he doesn't like it he can cook for himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just asked dh and he says that I'm fussy which is prob true. I hate not being the one to decide what's for dinner

He also says maybe these husbands aren't fussy maybe the wife's are just bad cooks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and there is nothing he
    Won't eat per say. His least favourite is cauliflower but I've never heard him say I don't like x (except canttlope) he just says this meal tastes crap if he doesn't like it. Does that make sense. Not the ingredients but the cook I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm surprised people still say crap like a meal without meat isn't really a meal. Or I don't ear green vegetables.

Crazy?!?!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Lincolns mummy  (17-03-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DH is fine eating a few meatless meals a week and loves lentil soup !

For those with fussy husbands do your kids copy the fussiness of their dads or do they not realise it yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    DH is fine eating a few meatless meals a week and loves lentil soup !

For those with fussy husbands do your kids copy the fussiness of their dads or do they not realise it yet?
    No copying here. DS1 is an amazing eater, eats every single veggie I serve him, and he eats decent sized meals. DS3 also eats everything so far.

DS2 has sensory issues and is a terrible eater but is great with fruit and veggies.

Dh eats potato and corn. No other veggies ever. Fruit he isnt much better.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app