+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH will eat anything put in front of him. He sometimes mentions that he doesn't like things I've been cooking for years lol. I'm amazed sometimes in the supermarket because he likes some things I thought he hated and hates some things I thought he liked.
    My DD will eat most things, she prefers home cooked meals though I'm also pretty easy to please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well my dh used to be super fussy but now the only things he won't eat is tuna, raw tomato, asparagus, pumpkin (but if I hide it in food or don't tell him it's ok), lentil curry and a special type of pork curry.

But he regularly 'forgets' to serve himself veges or salad so I make one pot dishes where he can't avoid it. And he is not a huge fan of leftovers but doesn't mind frozen/defrosted food.

2 deployments overseas fixed his fussy food behaviours. Now dh is currently based in melb with the worst mess in the country. Last visit up he demolished my lentil curry. Nothing like hunger to season the tastebuds.

I'm actually fussier than dh. I don't eat cream (or just lie to me), most ice creams, battered or crumbed food, pavlovas or meringues, any aerated drinks, juice, mashed potato, most pre packaged foods, chips, most take away foods, deep fried foods, mayonnaise, dressings and heaps of cereals. But if it's homemade then I will eat anything.

Kids don't eat potato, my eldest doesn't like spinach cooked, youngest doesn't like tomatoes.

But since I'm the chef I cook what suits me.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.
    Last edited by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah; 16-03-2014 at 16:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DH won't eat soup, anything "casserole"-ish, anything done in the slow cooker and cooked vegetables (with the exception of potato and corn, he only eats raw veggies). He won't touch pumpkin, capsicum, peas and complains about most green veggies. And then my children have food allergies, so making dinner is somewhat challenging.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh is a 'eat everything in sight' sort of bloke. Though he (and I) have a strong dislike of rocket and fish. Neither get served up in our household. I do, however like my veggies.....he works himself through them quickly to finish off the 'better part' of the meal last - i.e meat.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pichka For This Useful Post:

mummydi  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH will not eat anything vegetarian or chicken cooked by me( I over Cook it) q

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH is afraid of hot food. To the point that I call it beans and rice if I make chilli con carne without much chilli as he wouldn't eat it otherwise 😏 however he is getting better since I've known him and will now eat chorizo and butter chicken as he likes the flavour. Also slightly embarrassed when DS started eating these things!!

He also doesn't like cooked tomatoes on things like pizza but loves tomato based sauces etc. also doesn't like pumpkin.

He's not to bad. He will eat things he doesn't love and only once has he had toast instead of what I made, he just asks to not have that dinner again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DP is vegan so mainly eats the frozen vegan crap available at the supermarket. I am the fussy one, I don't eat anything tinned, won't eat eggs unless they are totally cooked through, don't eat fruit (I eat raspberries when preggers and that is the extent of it), won't eat any homebrand stuff unless its basics like flour/sugar/oil, no pre-packaged meats like bacon, only eat Australian seafood, don't eat pork or veal, fussy with chicken (no blood vessels, thanks!), no mayonnaise or similar, and I avoid palm oil. Luckily I enjoy cooking, mostly, so can cater to my preferences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    Last week I made DH a fruit salad to have for breakfasts, 3 days worth, on the 3 day he tells me that next time he wants all the fruit cut and packed separately and assembled on the day because after a while it all blends in and the fruit tastes like each other...
    He also refused to eat meatballs that I had warmed up with some vegetables because he was convinced I had steamed them!
    He won't touch veal if he knows it's veal, or tuna even tho he likes it.
    Anything frozen so I can't precook anything.
    So many things I can't be bother putting down but it sure makes my life so much harder!
    I can see what your dh is saying. Cut up fruit 3 days later would no longer be very fresh, it would be starting to go soggy by this point and would not taste good.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (16-03-2014),Carpe diem 2013  (16-03-2014),KillerHeels  (16-03-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (16-03-2014),Maxwell's Silver Hammer  (16-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Where do I start?

He will eat most fruit and veg so that's good. He won't eat,

Cold food that's supposed to be hot eg pizza.

Cheese ,,but he eats hots pizza

Tuna , ham, bacon , sausages...

Some crackers

Sandwiches or rolls in lunchboxes with wet filling as it makes him gag apparently

Funny enough he has no drama with junk food, fast food etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I can see what your dh is saying. Cut up fruit 3 days later would no longer be very fresh, it would be starting to go soggy by this point and would not taste good.
    IMO he should make it himself regardless.