+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Oh Monnie. After all you have been through to be told this. I hope he proves them all wrong!

♥me & he = ds 17/9/13♥

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, you can always request a second opinion. ask the staff who else is on there doctors list. ask the doctors to give you a name of someone else. if you need it then do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's so sad I wish they'd told you sooner x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, furthermore to my last post can you at all speak to the clinical nurse consultant re another neonatologists/paeds opinion?

So sorry you are faced with this. It's not fair they will make you wait a month, maybe they are hoping the MRI results will improve with time?

Has he had a CRP blood test at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monnie that is awful. I really don't understand what the options are? So they will keep him alive for a month to determine how bad the damage is, and whoever decides it's little, moderate or a lot will also decide if they will continue to feed him? How is that their decision?

Honey, I can't imagine how any of this is making you feel right now, but gather up all your mummy strength and find out what all your options are.

Ask the questions you need answering and if you aren't getting any answers, go higher, and higher and higher.

No question is silly - ask everything you need answered. Do you have a smart phone? Put the memo/voice recorder on and keep a copy of every conversation. Even if it's just to replay to dh or listen to later to make further decisions. Perhaps you can take the recordings to another doctor??? I don't know. I don't know how that works if you are in public? I don't know what your options are getting him transferred. Just ask the questions. Is your hospital considered the best in the state for children. Maybe you can ask to be transferred to the children's hospital if they have a better special care nursery.

Consider recording with or without their knowledge. Perhaps they won't allow it if they know you are recording. Just do what ever you have to. This is your baby, not theirs. Remember that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monnie please keep fighting and standing up for your little boy. Keep asking questions, don't accept confusing answers, insist on more treatment when u think it's necessary. Like a PP said there are times when the prognosis can be wrong. Dr's told my Mil that my Sil would be severely brain damaged and never walk or talk again and now she is a fully functioning 30 year old. Sometimes fate has other plans, hang in there and keep believing

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (22-03-2014),mrswhitehouse  (22-03-2014),~Marigold~  (22-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can most definitely get a second opinion and a third and fourth if you feel like you need them. YOU are your baby's advocate. Please trust your mummy instincts. I'm still hoping and praying that your beautiful boy makes a full recovery xx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monnie I'm sorry to hear your news. If I were you I would look that Dr in the eye and tell him/her you want another opinion. Hugo is your baby and you will decide on what is best for him xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am crushed for you and your family. I have no advice and not really sure what words to offer up that would even give you some comfort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear this I don't really understand what the options are, so can't offer any advice. Xx

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app