+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1274
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Massive hugs. My dd had RSV over easter and we narrowly avoided hospital. It's much worse for kiddos who are compromised with their health like our kids. But in saying that they bounce back usually after some oxygen help.
    What a rough year you're having. Your friends need to be supportive not criticize you. I truly realised who my real friends are when I was in and out of hospital with my dd... and its ongoing because of her special needs. I just don't bother with the people who couldn't support us.
    You need to just be there for your family. .take it one hour at a time if you need to. .. And allow those who are supportive to help you. Ignore the negativity.
    I hope little hugo turns a corner and you'll be home soon.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Oh gosh hugs hun, RSV is crappy, my DS2 was hospitalised with it at 9 weeks old, one of the scariest times of my life he was quite sick. Hope little Hugo is feeling better ASAP xo

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs Mon. I hope little H gets better soon- he's immune system is going to kill it when he's older! A friend of mine has 2 dogs- got them when they were just puppies from the same litter. One was really sick- almost lost her, but thankfully she pulled through. Now- she is the toughest dog. Doesn't get sick at all, while her brother has all these allergies and sensitive skin and what not. Not that I'm comparing Hugo to dogs but hopefully like the dogs- he'll be the toughest little man after what he's been through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know a mumma on here had same virus (bubba) there is a fb page support group. To try and collect info on virus etc. If your interested in joinimh and overall support. Mainly right now we are comparing notes I guess! I just jumped on here quickly x

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi monnie, can I ask the name of the FB support group? My friends bub us very sick with possibly the same virus (I have pmd you hope you don't mind).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats fine

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds15 had rsv at 4 months. He is quite fine and has had no after effects. Hope this helps sweetie. You're doing a great job xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs. Dd2 was in ICU for a week then on the ward for another ten or so days with RSV.

Not fun.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummytomy2boys View Post
    My ds1 had rsv as an infant.
    Its one of four viruses that cause the common cold, most people who get it get a mild cold but in infants, comprimised immunity, premies and asthmatics it can be horrific.

It took 6 days of oxygen support for ds1 to start getting better,

Children who contract rsv and have a bad infection of it under 1 seem to have higher rates of croup, bronchiolitis and chest infections than those who don't but they're not sure if these rates are higher from the bad infection as an infant or if they have a bad infection because they're pre dispositioned to these things.

Hope that makes sense
    Yep we were told this too.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been feeling extremely OVERWHELMED with the virus being on news etc and how many cases there are now. Making my anxiety go up up up. Feel sorry for all the mums and families etc.

Hugo is doing fantastic from what I can tell he has even had solids. Giggling, reaching for his toys etc still anxiety in the back of my head! what can i say

i want to leave our home because it gives me anxiety and bad memories so does our state. nobody is supportive of our decision but hopefully something good comes of it.