+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 128 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm so sorry your little baby is sick. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *hugs hugs hugs*

Can you speak with your baby's nurse to gain further insight? If you can get a good one they tend to "chat" more with you, especially since it's just you, them and baby.

Do you need to speak with the PICU social worker to talk to someone and who might be able to liaise between the drs and you so you feel like you're in a more knowledgeable position?

Remember to breathe. Remember to take a moment every hour or so for yourself. Hours get lost inside those hospital walls.

Wishing DS, you and your family all the best. xx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElleB For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (17-03-2014),Mod-Uniquey  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow. I hope you have lots of friends and family there to support you. I will be thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope your little one is ok I cannot imagine what you must be going through. Will say prayers for him tonight x

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    *hugs hugs hugs*

Can you speak with your baby's nurse to gain further insight? If you can get a good one they tend to "chat" more with you, especially since it's just you, them and baby.

Do you need to speak with the PICU social worker to talk to someone and who might be able to liaise between the drs and you so you feel like you're in a more knowledgeable position?

Remember to breathe. Remember to take a moment every hour or so for yourself. Hours get lost inside those hospital walls.

Wishing DS, you and your family all the best. xx
    This is really good advice. Sometimes Drs emotionally isolate themselves from patients/parents so they can focus on the task at hand. A social worker is trained to break down those barrier.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (17-03-2014),Mod-Uniquey  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babies are tougher than we give them credit for.
    Fingers crossed for you and your family xxxxx

😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs and prayers for your little fella and your family

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so so sorry this is happening/

I strongly suggest asking to see the social worker and asking her to arrange a family meeting.

In my experience (I am a hospital social worker), Doctors are always, always honest about outcomes and if there is a risk someone could die they always say so.

The best platform is a family meeting, the treating team will be there, the social worker to support you, and any family members you want there as well.

I really hope he is going to be ok. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope your little man pulls through Monnie, you're in my thoughts. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Im sorry if I spell things wrong but thats least of my worrys.

He had a lumbar puncture yesterday came back clear (white cells) but the rest hasnt. Then he had a mri today the results came back and he has serious brain swelling & white mattr/greey damage. If he does pull through it looks like there will be brain damage. Im so upset. They thought it was just a bloody cold!!!!!! They are repeating the lumbar tomorrow mri in two days.

They said it could be a genetic cows milk problem? I have no idea how that works. Etrovirus and another virus that I cant remember that is flooding nsw. So his bloods are everywhere.

Im so shocked and depressed :'( does a brain recover better because its newborn? They didnt want to say yes he could die. Like ffs tell me the truth!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm so sorry you're going through this.
    I know it's hard as I've been a mummy with a baby in PICU myself. .. but like pp said...
    Ask the nurse who is on with your bubba. They can fill you in and may even print out info for you to understand.
    Grab a notebook and write things down. It may be hard but it does help to concentrate on what drs are saying. Even ask them to stop so you can write it down.
    And ask about the social worker. They are there to support you and help you understand. Though because it's the weekend they may not be there.
    Also ask if you can see the consultant or intensivisit. This is the dr who overseas the whole case on your bubba. .. will talk to all the drs concerned and help you understand.
    After rounds in the morning ask what their plan is for the day. They always plan the day and what they are going to do.
    And tell them when you leave to call you (if you want) no matter what time if there is any change. Big or small. Then you will feel more comfortable.

I hope that isn't too overwhelming. You are the mummy and they do know is very difficult for you but sometimes they forget. Remember to ask for help from friends. Even ask a friend or family member to come and sit with you. And listen to the dr for you.
    Lots of positive thoughts and prayers and hugs coming your way.
    Hoping for a settled night for you both.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

babyla  (17-03-2014),dancingchipmunk  (17-03-2014),LoveLivesHere  (17-03-2014),Mod-biscotti  (16-03-2014)