+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default New to Doubleview / Scarborough area and seeking friends :)

Hi there Perth Peeps

I'm a kiwi lass (35) who is new to Perth, as my hubby Daniel (37) has gained work in the WA mines. We are planning on starting to try for our first baby (pre-TTC) in the next few months, after I finish recovering from minor knee surgery for a running injury. I/we would love to build a bit of a community-base of friends here in Perth, so would be keen to hear from and meet up with people in our general age group (with or without kids). A bit about me/us: I'm finishing up my master's thesis (to become a Dietitian), and my husband Daniel is (happily) an ex-accountant, who now works a 2:1 labouring roster in Newman, and is a budding entrepreneur in his weeks off. We both enjoy great coffee, eating out, seeing films, and taking part in any kind of active stuff or casual sports. We live in Doubleview near Scarborough beach. Give us a shout if you are keen on potential friendship (my goodness, is this how one attempts to find friends post-30?!)

Cheers,
    Renee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Renee

Yep, finding friends after 30 is quite a challenge! The good news is that mothers groups are great way to meet new folk, so I suggest that you join your local group when bub arrives. Good luck TTC!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks PerthS - yes, am sure you're right. Am looking forward to getting 'Up the Duff' (as Kaz Cooke would say) and meeting some mums in due course.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome to Perth Renee

There are a few sporting groups around the Doubleview area eg. touch rugby. (http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_...-0-0&sID=17722).

There are a few social groups via meetup.com too. That's a great way to meet new people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks SalsaMama! Yes, I've just become acquainted with 'meetup.com' - an awesome website. I've joined 'Kiwis in Perth', 'New to Perth', and 'Dinner & Movie Club' I've just come off crutches after having a minor knee surgery for a running injury, so I will definitely be keen on some social sports soon! I've really missed being able to exercise. Thanks for the touch link, I'll check it out Renee

6. The Following User Says Thank You to golittlerabbit For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in a similar boat and would be happy to meet up some time. My husband and I have lived in Perth for 4 years now and are expecting baby number 1 in December, always looking to widen social circle, I'm too very much in to eating out, coffee, music, movies, and outdoorsy stuff, so if you fancy a catch up some time PM me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trotski For This Useful Post:

golittlerabbit  (18-05-2014)