+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What are you reading now?

I'm currently reading the first in another Nora Roberts trilogy - I really enjoy her books.
    It's called Born in Fire.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nothing at the moment but I have just finished an old classic, A Town Like Alice, by Neville Shute. Set in the 1940s & 50s, the attitude/language is a bit dated in parts but it's still a good read - which is why it's a classic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 12 years a slave and the book thief that I wanted to read before bub comes but I am currently reading birth skills which isnt very exciting

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    On audio book I'm listening to Anne Frank Remembered by Miep Gies....I listen to that while I work.
    And at home I'm reading Wake Up, Mummy by Anna Lowe
    And also In His Sights by Kate Brennan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Reading Call The Midwife again cos I can't afford to buy more books on kindle the next ones I buy will be more of Kathy Reich's Temperance Brennan series, and the samples of Chrissie Swan's book and Ahn Do's book both looked good so I might get those as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm reading 'The Fact of Evolution' by Cameron M. Smith and 'A Blink of the Screen' (a collection of short stories) by Terry Pratchett.

I love Terry Pratchett, so it's interesting to read some of his older stories. I'm also fascinated by evolution (as with most science), so it's always interesting to learn more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm reading dark horse by honey brown. She is a Victorian author and I have enjoyed her other books, particularly red queen.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I usually have one ebook and one real book on the go- at the moment it's Hollow City, which is the sequel to Mrs Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children, well second in the series I should say.
    Tossing up between Murder in Mississippi and the Goldfinch for a real book, I've just finished a super trashy Jackie Collins

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nothing on the go right now, but the last book I read was Call The Midwife.
    I usually only ever read biographies (generally music or crime) or short story compilations.

"Life Is Ours, We Live It Our Way".

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyRain View Post
    Reading Call The Midwife again cos I can't afford to buy more books on kindle the next ones I buy will be more of Kathy Reich's Temperance Brennan series, and the samples of Chrissie Swan's book and Ahn Do's book both looked good so I might get those as well
    You should check if your library has ebooks oh nuts just realized you have a kindle and won't be able to access any library ebooks
    Last edited by FearlessLeader; 15-03-2014 at 17:31.