+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Gahhhhhh! Whinge alert..

I just spent 2.5 hours getting newly 2 dd to sleep. I lost my cool. And got angry, and really snarled at her... She was kicking, and she does this manic 'I'm laughing but it's mixed with potential tears'... Wtf? And then it's all just fun n games, I get up n walk away, I pick her up repeatedly to put her back in bed.... Aghh!! This has been happening for a week or so, today did me though. I feel sooooooo tense and on the edge of losing it.
    And my other whinge is damn extended family who feel they can just do and say and whatever they feel no matter what, and if I call them on it, I get knocked down! Bah! I'm only the mother. Egh... Feeling hard done by :/ my rant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe dd doesnt want or need a nap anymore?

Sent from my X10i using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sux when these things happen *hugs*

I get my DD1 back up for 10 or 15 mins when she doesn't want to be in bed. Some days it takes a few goes to get her to nap, but it's low stress and works well (she knows bed isn't a trap and will nap when tired. When we fight about it it gets worse and she fights it harder). If that's not an option I also find rocking her for a few mins and putting her back helps too Good luck with it and the in laws

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amiedoll For This Useful Post:

Dreamer1  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with the pp, maybe she doesn't need a nap any more? My DD2 didn't nap from 2 onwards, if I remember right it was just around her 2nd birthday. DD2 hasn't had a day nap since and she is 4 now!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    She may not need a nap anymore but they suggest a rest in their room for an hr or 2 at that age even at 3 my dd is suppose to have an hrs rest. But she is a nightmare too and we often have fights about rest and bed time.

Love DD and DS with all my heart and more x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

Dreamer1  (17-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It might be a phase... My DS just turned two and has been a terror at bed time! He defiantly needs his day nap though... Mr cranky pants he is

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nooo this child needs day naps!! She is just nutso in the arvo without one, though I do think the possibility of an earlier bed time.... But with a new baby, mummy needs nap times too. Yes we break it up and come out for 15 or so, then try again, quiet activities, etc.
    I did the rocking aimeedoll! It was a bit forced, as she didn't want to be held, but I kissed her and sung songs, and she was more settled to lay down, ...to get out of my forced cuddles really... We had a play date this arvo too, so a bit more worn out. She did turn the monkey act on, but it went out quickly, I sang and talked and didn't react, and she was out in 40 mins!! Woohoo!! Totally better then 2.5 hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just keep doing what your doing hopefully she gets the picture and it gets easier :-)

Love DD and DS with all my heart and more x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

Dreamer1  (16-03-2014)