+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question 3rd non-elective c-seccion as public patient at the ROyal Brisbane Women's Hospital

Hi, has somebody had a 3rd non-elective c-seccion as a public patient at the RBWH? I had my first one in Spain and my second one was born at the Mother's Private in Brisbsne. I had good experiences in both cases. But I am doubting to go to Public this time, because the pregnancy management fee is quite expensive. Any advice or experiences? The opinions of the RBWH are very different...I believe that the Mater Public is better but I am not in the catchment :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Non- elective? Not sure what you mean by that. Anyway, I think in Brisbane a public hospital is a public hospital and would just go to the Royal. However would recommend North West Private Hospital if you are considering private, small hospital and Obs don't have the extraordinary fees of the big hospitals.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mater public is better than RWBH. A friend just had her baby at the royal (1st bub there 2yrs ago) and was dismayed at the overworked staff. She was happy with her first visit but shocked at the second.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DS by emergency CSEC at the RBWH in 2011 and they were amazing. I am having number 2 there in July but hoping for a VBAC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had ds7 via emergency c-section there and also dd 5mths via successful vbac recently.

I chose to go there again after my experience with ds. I can't fault the midwives the doctors or anything. They were brilliant! Wonderful attentive care. Excellent prenatal care and classes offered. All free of charge. We paid for parking when I was in labor all the other times I parked on the street. So it cost us $60 Ttl to have my 2nd bub for hospital fees.
    They even organised my 20 week scan in house so we didn't have to pay for a scan then or for a follow up one at 34wks.

We had the same middie through my 6hr labour and was always making DF feel welcomed and part of the process as well as my student midwife who was there. She cried when dd was born and it was a wonderful very well orchestrated procedure.

I found all the staff to be helpful, informative and respectful and I had a crazy long birth plan that some might have seen as 'fussy' but no one made me feel silly for it. They all understood why I wanted things done a certain way. I had researched a lot since ds emerg csection and was determined for it not to happen that way again.

His birth was emergency for a reason - no fault of anyone's. Without the quick intervention of the staff then he wouldn't be with us now. Cant fault them at all. Only singing praises here.

Hospital food is grosse no matter where you go. But other than that I loved it and would happily go back there again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3rd non-elective c-seccion as public patient at the ROyal Brisbane Women's Ho...

I had an emergency c-section at RBWH with my DS 2.5 years ago and returned for an elective with DD 6 months ago. At no time was I pushed towards a VBAC although it was offered each time in case I'd changed my mind. Even though a VBAC wasn't what I was after I thought it was great that they just weren't pro Caesarean and were open to VBACs.
    Can't fault the staff either - they were fantastic and same as Made With Love - the only thing we paid for both times was the parking.