+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After the issues I had delivering ds1 I expected to be told I should have a cs with ds2. Instead my ob encouraged me to have a vb again stating the second would not a lot easier. It was very easy and I'm very grateful not to have been told to have cs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

crazyaboutbubs  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cluckcluck View Post
    I had a 3rd degree tear with #1. My whole perenium is scar tissue and wouldn't stretch even if I wanted to attempt another vag delivery which I don't ! I have had 2 elective c sections and will be having another in May. I doubt I would have had more children if the Dr hadn't have told me I needed a c section with subsequent babies.
    My entire perenium is scar tissue too. I tore into my sphincter muscle and the sphincter itself with a 3rd deg epitiotomy and 4th deg tears. I was determined to have another vb because I was more terrified of a csec than tearing again. My perenium stretched fine with both my other kids. It does stretch, just not as much, which is why you have an active upright birth with little to no intervention and try not to bear down and push bub out, rather relax everything and do slow steady breaths and let your body do the work. Bub will come out slower and the skin will stretch. Have a middie support bubs head to reduce tearng as well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a fourth degree tear and have healed well. My ob was happy for me to either have vb or cs. However, I've decided on cs. My son had meconium in his water and I needed to be monitored. The fact that I lost the ability to birth in the best position despite the best of intentions swayed me towards an elective cs. I know all could go fine this time, but I think I need to avoid any surprises this time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all your experiences.. I am definately going to have a chat to a few more people and get some advice. I really want to go VB again.

Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    What state are you in?

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept
    I'm in Vic.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for all your experiences.. I am definately going to have a chat to a few more people and get some advice. I really want to go VB again.

Quote Originally Posted by lexim View Post
    What state are you in?

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept
    I'm in Vic.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyaboutbubs For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a tear with my DD, although that was back in '94, then when I had my son in '97 they 'cut' me in the scar spot to prevent another tear as they felt it would heal better & be easier to stitch. I'm now expecting again (yes a surprise but a nice one) and they are happy for me to try a VB, although they said if anything starts to go wrong, they won't chance it (after all I'm not in my 20's anymore!) and would go to C section

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jentra2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you want to avoid tearing I would be against an episiotomy imo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    My entire perenium is scar tissue too. I tore into my sphincter muscle and the sphincter itself with a 3rd deg epitiotomy and 4th deg tears. I was determined to have another vb because I was more terrified of a csec than tearing again. My perenium stretched fine with both my other kids. It does stretch, just not as much, which is why you have an active upright birth with little to no intervention and try not to bear down and push bub out, rather relax everything and do slow steady breaths and let your body do the work. Bub will come out slower and the skin will stretch. Have a middie support bubs head to reduce tearng as well.
    I also had an episiotomy and a failed vacuum delivery. Dd was posterior and was eventually pulled out with forceps. She still has a chip out of her jaw where the Dr grabbed her and she's just turned 11

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    If you want to avoid tearing I would be against an episiotomy imo
    My epi healed quicker than my tear. 6 months for tear. 1 week for epi.
    I'll certainly be going epi this time.

DH, Me and our two boys.
    #3 due 30th Sept

15. The Following User Says Thank You to lexim For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (26-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following