+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My 17 year old daughter was physically and sexually assaulted last November. She has been purging and has lost a considerable amount of weight. She is still experiencing nightmares and spends most of her time in her room. She has no motivation for school (yr. 12), is now not interested in attending university and very rarely smiles anymore. I have lost my daughter and I feel sure that I am unfortunately not in the minority. It has been reported to the police but she has not made a statement due to our ridiculous lenient sentences and does not feel she can relive the horror he put her through. I would gladly sign a petition to change our laws. The anger and torment I still feel is consuming me everyday. I too have read the sexual offenders register and am disgusted in the repeat offences and obscene light sentences handed out. Our children deserve so much better. My daughter says "my life is ruined".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If serial sex offenders want to be released on parole, they should agree to be castrated first.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 2BlueBirds For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    If serial sex offenders want to be released on parole, they should agree to be castrated first.
    It wouldn't help. Sex crimes aren't about sex- they are about power. They'd just use something else to control/dominate/humiliate/hurt their victims.

I think sentencing in general is not reflective of community standards- the Morcombe case serves to highlight that. Something needs to change and in a big way.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

babyla  (15-03-2014),delirium  (15-03-2014),HearMeRoar  (15-03-2014),Kiplusthree  (15-03-2014),sunnyflower  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam019 View Post
    My 17 year old daughter was physically and sexually assaulted last November. She has been purging and has lost a considerable amount of weight. She is still experiencing nightmares and spends most of her time in her room. She has no motivation for school (yr. 12), is now not interested in attending university and very rarely smiles anymore. I have lost my daughter and I feel sure that I am unfortunately not in the minority. It has been reported to the police but she has not made a statement due to our ridiculous lenient sentences and does not feel she can relive the horror he put her through. I would gladly sign a petition to change our laws. The anger and torment I still feel is consuming me everyday. I too have read the sexual offenders register and am disgusted in the repeat offences and obscene light sentences handed out. Our children deserve so much better. My daughter says "my life is ruined".
    This is awful. I'm so sorry
    I hope she is able to get some help so this doesn't continue to dominate her life, I cannot even imagine how hard it is for you as her mother, let alone for her

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Cam019  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I saw a documentary about serial child sex offenders/rapists. In the us they are sent to a rehab clinic and rarely sent back out, only some have been let back into the community. One child sex offender had spent many years sexually a using young kids and got sentenced later on for his heinous crimes and actually felt remorse and chose to have his genitals removed due to his previous actions.

⭐️DS #1 born 15.03.2010⭐️
    ⭐️DS #2 born 16.02.2014⭐️
    ⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw a documentary about serial child sex offenders/rapists. In the us they are sent to a rehab clinic and rarely sent back out, only some have been let back into the community. One child sex offender had spent many years sexually abusing young kids and got sentenced later on for his heinous crimes and actually felt remorse and chose to have his genitals removed due to his previous actions.

⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yet Ivan Milat's nephew gets this?
    Why on earth does Daniels killer get anything less is beyond me, especially being a repeat offender. Horrific!

http://mobile.news.com.au/national/b...-1226854943240

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminary View Post
    I saw a documentary about serial child sex offenders/rapists. In the us they are sent to a rehab clinic and rarely sent back out, only some have been let back into the community. One child sex offender had spent many years sexually abusing young kids and got sentenced later on for his heinous crimes and actually felt remorse and chose to have his genitals removed due to his previous actions.

⭐️Me=29 💗 DP=34⭐️
    This may have been the same one I watched. There was something like 90% that didn't want to participate in the program they had going in the facility!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminary View Post

⭐️Me=29 ������ DP=34⭐️
    I think it's Louis Therouxs - a place for paedophiles. They can't be rehabilitated and releasing them really means a ticking time bomb. Sentences are completely out of whack with community expectations, it's an absolute travesty that repeat offenders are let out time and time again to commit atrocious crimes. I just don't understand it at all.

I watched the video of how the police got his confession last night with DH. Kind of wish I hadn't. The way the undercover policeman pulled him in was quite incredible to watch.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (15-03-2014),Kiplusthree  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wrote a big reply and it dissapeared.. if it reappears later sorry for the double posting.

Cam019: This is so awful. I hope you and your daughter can find a way through this. Your story is exactly why things need to change. It happens so often its ridiculous.

My attacker tortured me within my own home for 12 years. The justice system then decided after all the hurt and pain to come forward and endure court as a child that 9 months away would suffice.

He then went on to work with children and reoffended. The second time it was an autistic girl who couldn't explain what or when things happened. He plead not guilty and was let off the hook on the grounds that her timeline recollection was inconsistent.

This sickens me. Daniels killer is another huge example. He should never ever have had the chance to kill or reoffend.

The group is currently at 94. Thank you so much to everyone who liked shared and invited. If you haven't yet joined please do!

Today - I plan to share the MAKO list and petition shared here.

I'd like to find out more about Jarrod Bleijle's bill and consider what we as a community would like to see in a bill.

If anyone has stories they'd like to share (anonymously) send them in.

If anyone has info to share please do.. and contact me if you'd like to be put on admin.

I'll contact the national media manager today about the page and the article I'm writing. We've spoken before on a different article I wrote on child sexual abuse. I'm sure he'd be happy to involve Brave hearts in some way.

Please keep liking sharing and inviting to the page and posts that come up within it. I have a good feeling we can make a difference

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiplusthree For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (15-03-2014)