+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You are coping with a LOT. This is BIG stuff, and you need your partners support to ensure you are able to get to appointments, he needs to take care of the kids while you go, or he needs to come with you..

Alcohol addiction and depression are both very serious illnesses, he needs to start taking them seriously, and stepping up to support you with getting all the assistance you need.

When you feel terrible, have you rung lifeline? I used to, and it did help a lot. If you are feeling REALLY seriously terrible, ring an ambulance, or go to emergency.

Take care.
    Last edited by MilkingMaid; 14-03-2014 at 19:37.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Muffet  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the support.
    i had a 3rd dose last night and nothing happened! I had the best sleep in years. I woke up feeling ok! My mind feels slow, my actions are slow and I'm dizzy but I Don't feel sick.
    I spoke with dh last night and we discussed how I can't get myself better with no time for myself to get to appt after appt. he has agreed to a babysitter and daycare. How we are supposed to afford that I don't know but it's a start.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

bhjules  (15-03-2014),MilkingMaid  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with those who've said to go back and see your doc - it's not good to just stop taking them. It's important you weigh up why you went on the meds vs the effects they might have on you. finding the right ones is always trial and error (i have been on 3 different ones over 7 years) but it is worth it in the end if you're at the point that you do need to take something. Depending on what they're for, a lot of people find psychology very effective and helpful - your doctor can write you a mental health plan so you get 10 sessions for free on medicare.

Best of luck, it's a really tough position your'e in.

Take care,
    Jules x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really glad you & DH are working on solutions too - some time to yourself to work through it all sounds like it might be very beneficial

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you I am starting the 10sessions after the free ones I have with my psych (through dh's work). I wouldn't ever just take the pills and expect them to work alone. It's just a hard adjustment period.
    I have worked out the perfect time to take them (with dinner) and still get an awesome sleep but not wake up groggy.
    I see the doc to
    orrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to check in with you and see how you were going with the meds? I've been putting off going on mine because it's never "the right time" with a small bub to care for. Have the side effects started to wear off, are you feeling ok being on them? I was thinking about getting some help to care for bub while my body adjusts but not sure how many days it will take???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 30sumthin View Post
    Just wanted to check in with you and see how you were going with the meds? I've been putting off going on mine because it's never "the right time" with a small bub to care for. Have the side effects started to wear off, are you feeling ok being on them? I was thinking about getting some help to care for bub while my body adjusts but not sure how many days it will take???
    Hi I seem to be right now. Took about 3 days to adjust. I had no help so just had to push through it. With a 3yr old and 1yr old I would say it's just as hard as caring for a newborn!!! I couldn't drive for about a week - I was too out of it.
    I worked out the right time to take them so the effects would ware off from when I woke of a morning. I have set an alarm to "re-set" my body clock. The meds I am on have a sedative that lasts 12-13hrs. So that tool a fair bit of adjusting to.
    i was only very very sick for one night. After that episode, I started to feel ok.
    I still feel a bit spaced out, I don't feel as alert.
    I don't feel the meds are helping "me" yet, but they are helping my sleep. Which, before meds, I was having trouble maintaining sleep.

Are you breast feeding? Get someone to help out with ur bub if u can. But the length of time it takes to adjust is different for everyone. I didn't want to rely on any help. Because once it's gone, it's gone and u have to deal with it all again.

ince u start them, don't stop. Keep in touch with ur gp.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Glad to hear you are doing better