+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I too am unexpectedly pregnant with #4, and we have 3 sons too. I don't have anything to add that everyone else hasn't, but please know you have support here

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (13-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Your story is very similar to mine. I had three (a single baby and twins) and had only wanted two. I had pretty much just gotten over the shock of twins when a very unexpected 3 pregnancy happened. I literally cried for weeks and I felt completely devastated to be honest. We decided to proceed with the pregnancy, but I never felt happy, or elated or any of the other feelings you are "supposed" to feel when pregnant.

Anyway - fast to now and my youngest is almost 3. He is great fun and we all love him to pieces. Financially it is a strain - we had to move out of the city and away from all our friends and my one family member within close distance. But I wouldn't change it for all the world.

You will be ok, and you'll adapt. I did find going from 3 to 4 extremely difficult - I'm not sure if it is because he wasn't planned or not. But the 3 youngest were very close in age, I had 3 under 21 months.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by mummyjac View Post
    Hi ladies,
    A week ago I found out I am pregnant with our 4th bub. This has been an absolute shock to us and I am only now able to think about without crying and feeling sick to my stomach. We have three boys 7,4,2 who have all had reflux as babies. I suffered PND last time and took a while to recover. We are on a farm in western QLD and in the middle of a drought. Times are tough, and my husband has been getting treatment for depression because of it all. I don't know how we will cope, but I guess we will have to. I just wanted to hear our other Mums of four do it and cope.

Mother to three gorgeous little men

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (13-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your pregnancy
    Our 4th was a huge surprise. My daughters were only 4,2&1 when I fell pregnant and we'd not long moved states plus Dd1 had only been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes so it was just wrong timing. I didn't believe it for the first 4 months, she has just turned 2 and I couldn't imagine my life without her. I found I was so much more relaxed with DD4 guess you master it with the first 3 and 4 just has to fit in with your lifestyle..
    Best of luck with it all

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (13-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Doing ok. I have been sick with all day and horrid evening sickness the last couple of weeks. We are slowly getting used to the idea of another bub. Time will tell I guess.

Mother to three gorgeous little men

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mummyjac For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry you're not feeling well ugh I remember that first few icky months well. Don't worry if you're not feeling fantastic about it yet. I was still unsure at the stage you're at, but now with 5 weeks to go all that uncertainty has washed away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope you feel better soon Mummyjac

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I had a surprise 4th baby almost 8 months ago. I'm 42 and I won't lie the sleep deprivation kills me some days, and I feel like all I do is cook and wash most days. My other kids are 8, nearly 5 and 3. Probably the hardest part for me and DH is feeling like we're that little bit further away from freedom. Our evenings are full on with overtired kids and babies and when I want to put my feet up I see yet another load of washing or it's time for me to do homework with DD1.

But a wise woman once told me to not judge the number of kids you want by the baby years as they fly past. Think about how many kids you want sitting around your Christmas table and sharing birthdays with you.

I look at my baby and cannot imagine our lives without her. The older kids are so so helpful and she really has just slipped into our lives so easily.

Good luck op. I threw up all threw my first and third trimesters. It's not pleasant at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently had my 4th and he has been the easiest baby by far. The best thing Ive found is to make sure the older children are in a great routine before the baby comes. This has helped so much because the kids know what they need to do each morning and with a little prompting they get themselves ready for school. They are also a great help putting the dummy in and rocking their brother if Im doing something. Constantly praising them and letting them cuddle their brother whenever possible has really helped them bond with him.

With the pnd and reflux maybe you could put together a plan of acion now for if it happens again so you feel supported if it happens. Sometimes just having a plan makss all the difference.

Sent from my U8510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BubinDec For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (31-03-2014)