+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    after #2 I was saying I was done - but magically one day I decided that I wasn't! a lot had to do with dd's medical problems, that I didn't want to regret not having another and DH agreed

but during & after #3 I am now definitely completely done, lol. I had an emergency csection with him and had it in my right mind to ask for a tubal just before I went in!! they tripled checked with me, I signed the papers and was completely at peace with it. still am.

I'm just emotionally, physically and everything else spent. I'm ready to move forward and concentrate on my 3 kids and adding another would be a really rough thing for our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I decided to get my tubes tied after c-section #5. I had already talked my husband into 2extra kids and was 38 when #5 was born. I wasn't sure it was the right decision for a little while but life has got increasingly harder as the kids got older and I can now proudly say I feel done. I never thought it would happen but I now realise that one more would be utter madness. OP....you don't sound finished to me, so please don't make any permanent decision for a while...at least until you are more definite. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    The choice was taken out of my hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I'm on the fence. We have 2 beautiful little boys but part of me wants to go one more time. My hubby isn't so keen, and at the moment with how trying DS2 is at the moment a bigger part of me thinks I'm crazy for even thinking about a 3rd child. I swing from one side to the other on a regular basis, but realistically I don't think we will have a 3rd and I will probably always wonder..

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    3 is plenty for me, plenty plenty plenty.

I knew i was done the second dd arrived.

I look at babies now and think "so glad its not me"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

zooey  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm single so there is that lol. I only have the one, I would have loved more but I'm not nieve to what it's like should it all go wrong anymore. I never wanted to do it alone in the first place.

I also don't feel its fair to the child I already have. He has a good life, an only child while with me, the joy and politics of siblings with his dad.

Then there is the age gap and time frame, it takes time to meet someone and decide if they are right, to get engaged, married before planning more kids. By then 10+ years will have past since I had a child. There is also the fact I choose to remain single while my son is young, I've watched him have significant relationships leave his life through other peoples choices and had to watch his heart break, I can't justify risking doing that to him yet again.

Not to mention the first pregnancy and birth didn't exactly go to plan last time.

So while yes, I do want more in my heart, my head logics no, there will be no more. My heart is not "done", my head is.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Maia For This Useful Post:

PurpleButterfly4  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm newly pregnant with no. 4 and only after a dating scan yesterday am feeling better about it. It was planned and I wanted 4. We had some fertility issues and I was surprised when it happened so quickly. I have 5, 4 and 8 month old. I never let myself think too much about the practicalities ($$$) which is very very unlike me and the last couple of weeks I've been thinking we're crazy! BUT I know in the long run I (and dh) will be really happy with a big family. Once I'm back working I think the $'s won't be so tight :-) best of luck with your decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pregnant with #2, and I am quite adamant that this will be our last. DH wants 1 more but I just don't see it happening.

We have fertility issues and this baby is the result of 3 full stim cycles of IVF. I just don't think I can put myself through that again, especially if it was to take longer & more than 3 cycles.

I'm also turning 34 this year and I want to move on from the baby-making phase of my life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Circumstances and my health have made me think that I won't be having anymore babies myself. I'd love to adopt or foster later but I doubt I'd be allowed to with my health being crappy, having Fibromyalgia.
    I would've loved to have given DS a sibling two years ago, even looked at doing sperm donor, but I couldn't come to do it. My gut instinct said it wasn't the right time. Now I can see why, because I have just enough energy for DS. Another child I would definitely spread myself too thin and I'd be sicker.
    So I will enjoy my family and friends children and look forward to being a grandma when DS is a lot older