+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently 25 wks with number 3. There is no way we are having another. I don't do well in pregnancy and honestly DH was lucky to get #3.
    I was quite happy with 2, but DH wanted 4. After the terrible ride I have had this pregnancy, he has thrown in the towel for number 4.

I honestly feel that anymore kids would make our lives difficult, no necessarily financially as we just adjust to it, but in regard to time management, and quality of life for our kids now. It took me quite a while to come to terms with #3.

I guess I'm the exception to what most women want. I hear of women begging their husbands for another baby, where as I'm begging my husband for no more babies haha. (Prob has something to do with him being one of four, whereas I'm an only child. not to mention the age gap between dd and ds is 13m, and between ds1 and ds2 will be 21m :0)

Anyways, I have been in the mind set of this is my last bub since before we even conceived, which I think is why it has been 'easy' for me.
    With Ds1 I was thinking he might be the last, but there was still a little bit of doubt. Hence why we went for a third.
    When it comes to logistically vs emotionally, unless you are emotionally ready, logistics will never come into play. You can think about the logistics of it all you like, but at the end of the day, if your not emotionally prepared you will never be at rest with your decision. IMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Throughout my pregnancy with DS i knew that he was our last baby, i knew from within and from talking to DH.

I know our family is complete but i do feel a bit sad sometimes knowing that all his firsts are also lasts.

Its his first birthday and im happy & sad all at once. Happy to have such a healthy, happy growing boy but sad i never again have a teeny squishy baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I honestly can't answer that. When DD2 was about 1 I decided I was happy with 2 and we wouldn't have anymore. Then I fell pregnant and had an ectopic pregnancy and that kinda left a hole, now I think I want another but DH is dead set against it and I can see his reasoning (financially) but it doesn't make me stop wanting another. I don't think we will have more and I don't think I will regret it but I guess you never know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just don't feel complete yet. DH really wants another. I think two children is a lovely manageable number of kiddies, but I'm happy to have another especially seeing as though DH is very keen. If he didn't want another I think I would be ok with that too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a single mum with a son and a daughter. I would love another baby but i'm 'done' because it wouldn't be fair on my 2 children. My son in particular has had more than his fair share of stress in the past 2 years and I wouldn't add any more to his life. I think as a single mum there is only so much I can do in a day and I feel another baby would impact negatively on my kids in terms of their quality of life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our current plan is this, DH will have the snip after this one.... but not until they are two. That way if I'm still feeling like there's someone missing from the table by then we can put it off and consider another. If we did have a fourth I think we'd do it with a big gap as I really want to enjoy these little people for a while. So if maybe when the youngest is five or so.
    I can see advantages to that logically but can also see downsides, like not being able to take the big ones trekking in Thailand or exploring Bali temples if I have a teething baby or grabby toddler and at the age when the older ones may need more running around to activities and friends houses id be restarting babyhood. Likewise though having another close in age would drive me batty

My parents are both from big families
    and I'm an only child. There's no right way, just what feels right I guess. I just hope it becomes clearer to me by the time the littlest is 2!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CluckySC For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (13-03-2014)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like a plan, good luck and enjoy the next few years

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I'm pregnant with number 2. I can't wait to meet him/her and have another member of the family but I already know 2 is it for us.

Even if I felt a little clucky, I don't want to spend my life looking after newborns and toddlers, I know I won't e any happier with three and that is in fact feel held back from everything I still want to achieve in my life.

None of my best friends have children nor does my brother an brother in law, if I get clucky I like the idea of helping out the parents an watching the bubs but I will like that I can give them back at the end of the day.

DD was a very difficult baby so even if number two is easier, I couldn't risk having another / 3rd baby that was difficult.

I think a good test is do you want any more children? Or do you jus want another baby. If it's just the baby, then I think you have your answer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its never the baby part that attracts me in particular. Babies are hard work I love them but not clucky for babies persé its more about picturing our family in the future and what does it look like. That's where I can see that fourth more than anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having number five at the moment. I would love a sixth but DH only want one, so he has compromised heaps for me. Don't get me wrong he has been on side with every pregnancy and his been emotionally accepting before conception for each one.
    My eldest is turning 14 in May with my next turning 8 in September and then 6 in November and lastly the current youngest turning 3 in May as well.

Ss pervious posters have said logistically and financially you adjust over time but if you're not there emotionally it may not work.
    I'm a stay at home mum and love running around for my kids, they only do a few activities each, ds1 has hockey and ballet, , dd1 does swimming, ballet and hockey, ds2 does swimming, hockey and afl while dd2 only has swimming.
    As you can see most of my kids do the same activities so it makes life a bit easier and ds1 is old enough to be able to get himself to his activities .

As much as I've always wanted number six, the more I progress though this pregnancy I think that I'll be emotionally finished with number five. DH has said that this one is definitely the last for him.

The funniest this is I though I was done with number two, DH was going to get the snip but I asked him to hold of as I wasn't 100% sure and here we are at number 5. I think you know deep down when your done, it's just a matter of getting past all the surface emotions to find the truth. For me I think I knew 7 years ago I wasn't done,