+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ante-natal Classes - Calm Birth and 4 hr Baby Intensive enough?

Hi All,

Just new to the forums and haven't found this question in a search.
    I'm 24 weeks pregnant, due end of June and have booked in to do the CalmBirth Course in Bowral. On top of this I am booked in to only do the RHW Baby Intensive 4 hour lecture.

However, my OB recommends I try and do Calm Birth and "Having a Baby" at the hospital. I'm now on a wait list to try and get into Having a Baby but my partner has to miss a lot of work to do it with me.

Would most people recommend both Having and Baby and Calm Birth or is Calm Birth and the lecture enough?

I realise Calm Birth is only about the birth itself and maybe only doing 4 hours on what to do when the baby is born is not enough?

Any thoughts on whether Baby Intensive will cover enough so I am prepped to take baby home would be great. I have read Baby on Board by Howard Chilton etc...and can read more before due date as well so not completely in the dark.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't actually done all the classes yet, or had a baby yet (due in June too!) so my opinion might not be entirely valid…
    But I'm only doing a natural birth and 4 hour baby care class and I think they'll be plenty really.
    For the one class I have been to, I found it actually moved quite slowly and was catered more to a slightly less educated audience.

I suspect that reading and talking to your OB/midwife will teach you just as much, if not more. And of course, practising the techniques at home too!

But I'm sure someone with actual experience will reply, I'm interested too