+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    Spot on! I don't think people realize that there is most often a limit on what you can receive in terms if food hampers and or vouchers. But then how does anyone know unless you end up in that horrible position of needing it. In my experience hampers are far and few between. Most if what I was given at the time were random almost expired cans of chickpeas and a loaf of uncut bread without a packet and maybe a bunch of herbs and doughnuts for some weird reason :/
    Wow when I have do up hampers.
    I always try and put a pasta of some sort, a tomato paste/soup/pasta sauce. Tin spaghetti and bake beans. Rice. Tin veg. A few baby foods if don't know there is a baby as Jic. Tin tuna. Vegimite. Long life milk. Weetbix or corn flakes depending on whst we have. Sometimes I have treat food like chocolates or biscuits I will include them.
    Than the frozen bread/rolls/pull a parts . Butter. Cheese. And 1 pkt of sausages or mince if I have it.

Never anything out of date.
    I am surprised that other churches do.

Edit these are families. The homeless we feed ready made meals from a van.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 13-03-2014 at 17:44.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (13-03-2014)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our local emergency food people are lovely. When they are running out of space they will ring and see how you are going if you are a recent client. I will admit I got lots of chickpeas too but always got offered treat food like milo, biscuits and cordial. There was even the offer of formula and nappies.

Back on topic I think the attitude was poor. Homeless people aren't second class citizens.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (13-03-2014)