+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

Default Acupuncture for fertility

I'm wondering if anyone has had success with acupuncture after long term infertility?

We are at the end of the road atm as far as options with everything showing a big fat zero for a cause to our issues.

I'm not sure I believe it can work but we are desperate and I'm willing to try anything...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I tried acupuncture and I believe it worked for me. I had problems getting my cycle regular let alone even ovulating.
    First cycle I had my period return after not having it for two months and fell pregnant that month

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know there is a big study underway at the moment about it, I assume because so many swear by it. Another hubber said once that even if it didn't "help" exactly, it was very relaxing and the practitioner was caring and welcoming to her, and that during the stress of ivf etc it was lovely to have that time out. I don't have experience myself but I'm pretty sure that hubber isn't around anymore so thought I'd pass that on

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've just gone through acupuncture in an attempt to help regulate my cycles. I get AF every 2-3 months and my FS isn't convinced I'm even ovulating each cycle.

I did it for 6 weeks (what my acu lady told me to do) and, as a PP said, found it a nice experience to just get 20mins time out for me to lie down and think positive thoughts and get in touch with "me" again.

She got me have a small bleed towards the beginning of the treatment and a proper AF just last week, which is why I didn't need 10 sessions. This is now my first "proper" cycle after it's finished, so let's see!

Had people telling me their success stories throughout my treatment of how they got their BFP on their first cycle after their treatment, so here's hoping I can share the same story!

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fell pregnant naturally while having acupuncture after being told it would be impossible.

Then had a successful IVF cycle while doing acupuncture.

If you can afford it, I think do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had been trying for 6 months so not exactly long term infertility bit I was 34 and had very short cycles, so I was hoping for it to help with that. I fell first month I did acupuncture and took the herbs best thing I did. I now have a beautiful 3 month old boy.
    Hope you have success too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone based in Sydney, try House of Fertility and Healing in Newtown. I've had so many people swear by them.

I'll be booking for next month if I get Bfn

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To the ladies who have had it, where on your body did you get your needles?

Me = 34, DH = 34

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    To the ladies who have had it, where on your body did you get your needles?

Me = 34, DH = 34
    She put them down along my spin and one in my head with oils. Then after 20 ish min she would take them out and put one near my belly button hands and feet with more oils.
    I also saw her until I was 12wks pregnant

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my BFP in 2nd month of Acupuncture - ended up a beautiful cycle in the lots of CM, O'd day 16 which is the earliest i'd O'd ever. I thought it was a miracle treatment to have such a drastic change but unfortunately I miscarried at 12 weeks.

Followed up with 4 months of acupuncture and nothing since. She changed my treatment due to the miscarriage but I don't think it worked to help regulate me this round.

I had my lower back 30mins then turn over and do around stomach, ovaries, down legs, between big and second toe and on inner ankle. After ovulation none near ovaries, but I would get hot salt in my belly button. Sometimes i'd get extra points on between my thumb, forehead or wrists.

I haven't got sore BBs since acupuncture at any time in my cycle. I also had some flu and aching legs after some treatments that she said was my body 'shifting'. Not sure if I will try it again now that i'm moving onto IVF.