+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    French Pear, I shopped at Good Guys- they had me really nice 90cm ovens, but at the time, as we were doing a full kitchen reno with a $10 000 budget, I just made the choice to go with the cheapie, but maybe in 5/10 years time I can upgrade. It has plastic knobs, the more expensive ones have metal knobs etc. Are you going gas or electric top? I will try and post a pic of mine showing the kickboard.
    I want a gas top.

That would be great if you could. I think I'm going to be in the same situation with my budget as I also need to get a new dishwasher as well which again bumps up the Reno cost.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @littleriv you have the tiles I'm using in your kitchen and it looks like similar cupboards!

The oven looks great. I'm a huge white kitchen fan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT256 View Post
    We have an Ilve freestanding. It is an unusual size (80cm) but a good compromise between the 60 and 90cm for us. We had the kitchen made so it can fit a 90cm later if we need though....to be on the safe side.
    It is a great oven and we've been really pleased with it. The different settings definitely do what they say they will. Roasts etc are amazingly moist in there.
    We have a kickboard too.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I just checked these out as well. Very nice. Which model did you get?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went from dark brown 1974 kitchen to white- I am very happy with the result. I like the subway tiles. All the best for your reno!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Attached Images
    Last edited by NAT256; 14-03-2014 at 22:31.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (15-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh...have to mention...the ilve blows out warm air from above the door when cooking. I don't know if other ovens do this, its a vent thing and is meant to happen. We live in a cool climate so its rarely a problem but it would heat up a kitchen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NAT256 I love your floorboards! So beautiful. The oven looks great and I can't notice any twinnies fingerprints on it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by French Pear View Post
    @NAT256 I love your floorboards! So beautiful. The oven looks great and I can't notice any twinnies fingerprints on it
    Ha! Thanks. Yes our floorboards are recycled Baltic pine, so very rustic. We live in a farm cottage built in 1853 so everything is rustic!

We need to do a "kitchen nosey" thread. I love seeing other people's homes!!

Last edited by NAT256; 14-03-2014 at 20:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT256 View Post
    Ha! Thanks. Yes our floorboards are recycled Baltic pine, so very rustic. We live in a farm cottage built in 1853 so everything is rustic!

We need to do a "kitchen nosey" thread. I love seeing other people's homes!!

I love seeing people's homes and renovations too especially kitchens as I'm in the planning process of mine.

my current kitchen is horrible so I definitely would not show it off but when I get my new kitchen that will be a different story!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just make sure freestanding ovens are secure, with lived in a rental with one, my DD stood on the door to get something off the bench one day when I was putting DS to bed (checked her two seconds before so it all happened very quickly), the oven tipped forward and fell on her breaking her femur. It turned out it should have been bolted to the wall.