+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Freestanding Ovens

Hi

I am planning my kitchen renovation and DH is dead set on getting one of those amazing big freestanding ovens.

Does anyone have one and can offer any opinions/advice on choosing one!

TIA

DivinelySophistimicated is offline Hrmmm....The beauty that lies within *a blessing*-my day will come soon
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Be sure to get a kick plate. Theyre pains to clean under!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DivinelySophistimicated For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (14-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I have a Euromaid 90cm freestanding electric- I think it is great (although I think another hubber had probs with her recently). I purchased it because it was by far the cheapest on the market (between $1500 and $1700). We had the stone bench and cabinets cut so as to leave the 90cm gap for the freestanding stove. We have a kickboard in front of it to cover the floor area- it looks nice and neat, and the kickboard can be removed if I need to clean behind or down on the floor, which I haven't done yet. If my budget suddenly grows in a few years, I can upgrade to another more expensive 90cm as they are all standard size to fit the space. I love, love, love cooking in it- I can put a chook, rice dish, potato bake, in the oven all at the same time, or I can cook 2 trays of muffins at the same time. It does make the kitchen warm, and the fan blows once you turn it off until it cools down. All in all, regardless of which one you choose, you won't regret going for the 90cm.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a falcon élan and it is amazing. It's on the expensive side. But it's used every single day and it had a double oven which we've used on 100s of occasions. Love it never had an issue. And it doesn't have glass doors. So no oven glass door cleaning which I always hated!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lubelu2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lubelu2 View Post
    I have a falcon élan and it is amazing. It's on the expensive side. But it's used every single day and it had a double oven which we've used on 100s of occasions. Love it never had an issue. And it doesn't have glass doors. So no oven glass door cleaning which I always hated!
    Omg these look amazing definitely looking at getting one of these now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It works a dream! I love love love it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have an Ilve freestanding. It is an unusual size (80cm) but a good compromise between the 60 and 90cm for us. We had the kitchen made so it can fit a 90cm later if we need though....to be on the safe side.
    It is a great oven and we've been really pleased with it. The different settings definitely do what they say they will. Roasts etc are amazingly moist in there.
    We have a kickboard too.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT256 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    Hi there, I have a Euromaid 90cm freestanding electric- I think it is great (although I think another hubber had probs with her recently). I purchased it because it was by far the cheapest on the market (between $1500 and $1700). We had the stone bench and cabinets cut so as to leave the 90cm gap for the freestanding stove. We have a kickboard in front of it to cover the floor area- it looks nice and neat, and the kickboard can be removed if I need to clean behind or down on the floor, which I haven't done yet. If my budget suddenly grows in a few years, I can upgrade to another more expensive 90cm as they are all standard size to fit the space. I love, love, love cooking in it- I can put a chook, rice dish, potato bake, in the oven all at the same time, or I can cook 2 trays of muffins at the same time. It does make the kitchen warm, and the fan blows once you turn it off until it cools down. All in all, regardless of which one you choose, you won't regret going for the 90cm.
    Thanks for the info I will definitely look into this one. I am absolutely clueless I have never brought an oven in my life and I want to make sure I get a good one to start with and some of the freestanding ones are very, very expensive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lubelu2 View Post
    Oh I just googled this one and it looks absolutely amazing but out of my price range for an oven at this stage with a whole kitchen Reno to do at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    French Pear, I shopped at Good Guys- they had me really nice 90cm ovens, but at the time, as we were doing a full kitchen reno with a $10 000 budget, I just made the choice to go with the cheapie, but maybe in 5/10 years time I can upgrade. It has plastic knobs, the more expensive ones have metal knobs etc. Are you going gas or electric top? I will try and post a pic of mine showing the kickboard.