+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    100 Posts in a week
    I finished my Arts degree (sociology & criminology) off campus via Deakin Uni. They don't call it online learning but it's basically that.
    I did the first 2 years on campus at LaTrobe.
    To be honest, I felt that the resources I received from Deakin in terms of the readings and various helpful articles were far better than what I received from LaTrobe when I was on campus.
    The difference is though, off campus there was no face to face. That didn't bother me, but if you are concerned of think you might need the support, that might be something to consider.
    It was easy to submit assignments and essays and Deakin were great in helping me sort out exam venues so I didn't have to travel for exams.
    Overall, the experience was really positive. Deakin has great off campus options

Do not go through open colleges they charge an armband a leg, the course admin was more a telemarketer than an advisor. He advised me to sign up for a course I don't have the capacity to pay or study! No support what so ever and it costs the entire course fee to opt out. Good luck shop around then weigh up what each provider has to offer and the fees.

Similar Threads

1. Question for Hubbers who are studying online
    By Moxy in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-06-2014, 08:13
  2. CCR & Online Studying
    By Belter in forum Stay At Home Mums (SAHMs) Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 22-01-2014, 16:15
  3. Online study - CQU or USQ
    By manologal in forum Hubbers who are studying
    Replies: 7