+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Is this behaviour normal for a 17 month old?

Our 17 month old DD has been a bit rough lately. She gets easily frustrated and will start throwing things around. She will even try to hit us if we tell her not to do something. When we picked her up from child care today (she is there 2 days a week) her room leader mentioned she pushed a couple of kids during the day and said it really isnt like her. Now I am hoping the behaviour at child care today was a result of her not feeling 100% as she seems to be coming down with a cold, however I am wondering if all toddlers go thru this at some stage and how I can manage it. I don't want her being bossy etc and am beginning to worry as she really is a sweetheart

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS did that for a bit. He still pushes occasionally, hes now 23 moths old, but nearly not as much as a few months ago. I wouldn't worry about t it just yet. Just make sure you tell him no pushing when you can.

Sent from my IdeaTab S6000-F using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds is 15 months and can be be rough when playing. He isn't trying to hurt anyone but gets carried away and smacks the cat instead of patting or grabs my face when we are tickling etc. He also used to pull hair of other kids.

When he's like this I stop what we are doing and say "gentle" or "no" in a very firm voice. It takes a lot of repetition and reminding but he's starting to get better. The poor cat has been through hell :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the feedback! We have a dog who cops a tail pulling from time to time although DD is getting much better! I will keep an eye on her but at this stage will just keep telling her to be gentle etc.

DH + Me + DD (born 11/10/12) = our little family :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg yes. Ds has been terrible lately with hitting me. Honestly some days it's all I can do to stop myself from either yelling at him or sitting in the corner bawling my eyes out. He doesn't do it to dh anywhere near as much as me.

I assume it's because he is with me more so he feels confident enough to test the boundaries. Very frustraing though!

Thankfully I haven't come across the pushing other children yet. He doesn't go to daycare but is more quiet and go with the flow when we are with mothersgroup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    It is actually a important development stage. Yes you do need to teach her better ways of dealing with the situation but is totally normal.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

CJ81  (12-03-2014)