+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After my earlier post funnily enough I was harassed by Seacret guys at the shops this afternoon. I have had a ongoing sinus migraine for over and week and was in so much pain today it was all I could do to not throw up so being hasseled about my "lack of beauty" when all I wanted was to get into Coles to buy some milk and cheese was not something I wanted to hear so I rudely snapped saying "just once I would like to be able to go to the shops and not get hassled" he told me to have a nice day and backed off. I do feel slightly guilty for snapping though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was rushing out of K-Mart one day with my newborn son screaming in his pram, it was one of our first adventures out of the house alone without daddy and all I wanted to do was get to the parents room to try to feed/settle him. There was one of those photo places outside and as I was rushing past with the baby clearly screaming blue murder, the girl stepped out and stood right in front of my pram, blocking my path, and tried to sell me photos. Well, I'm not usually one to be rude, I know people are just doing their jobs and I work in customer service too so I know how it can be... but really? I just looked at her with my best death stare and said "Are you SERIOUS?"
    She moved out of my way pretty quickly...

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (12-03-2014),αληθη  (11-03-2014),penny92  (12-03-2014)

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I once got stopped by make a wish, which I think is a great organization so I was happy to make a $20 one off donation as it's all I could afford at the time.
    They proceeded to tell me they don't accept one off donations and the minimum I could do was sign up for a direct deposit of $30 per month. What the?! When did charities become so damn picky.
    That has happened to me a lot, especially during year 12 when we'd walk downtown during breaks.
    Seriously what high schooler has $30 spare a month for a charity? I've had the baby photographers try and get me too but I just tell them I'm a photographer and walk off.

Sent from my talky stick with a minion glued to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    Me too and I put up a sign also and they still ****ing knock!! Argh
    This is actually illegal. Having a sign up saying not to knock constitutes you asking them to leave. They can face a $50,000 fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnab739 View Post
    This is actually illegal. Having a sign up saying not to knock constitutes you asking them to leave. They can face a $50,000 fine.
    Like the do not call register the do not knock signs don't apply to charities which sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I usually just smile and say no thanks/not interested- unless its the Seacret guys in which case I look the other was and pretend they arent there. The photo places I quickly say we have already had some done and keep walking.

Dh is shocking. He cant help himself so he has to listen to their speil.... then gives them fake details (like our account number but changes one or two numbers). I hate it but he feels too guilty to ignore them. Once when I was heavily pregnant we had Johovahs Witnesses or what ever they are knock on our door. Instead of telling them to go away he thought it would be hilarious to humour them and in the end they were showing up every couple of days. The reason he thought it was so funny? Because he was at work so I had to deal with it. Needless to say each time they showed up I got less and less polite. ...

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to admit....a friend got sucked into the Seacret nail care gift package and she gave me one for Xmas.....it did magic to my nails

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post

Dh is shocking. He cant help himself so he has to listen to their speil.... then gives them fake details (like our account number but changes one or two numbers). I hate it but he feels too guilty to ignore them. Once when I was heavily pregnant we had Johovahs Witnesses or what ever they are knock on our door. Instead of telling them to go away he thought it would be hilarious to humour them and in the end they were showing up every couple of days. The reason he thought it was so funny? Because he was at work so I had to deal with it. Needless to say each time they showed up I got less and less polite. ...

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014)
    lil miss, next time they turn up (which they always do) tell them your DH is really interested, and tell them a time he's home.
    An old flatmate of mine was the same, and they turned up nearly every day for a week, always when she was at work, and we were studying for exams. So we told them what time she got home...two days of visits and she cracked and told them they were welcome to join us for our monthly sacrifice of a cat (while holding our feline friend lol) and we never had another visit

I'm polite I admit, because I imagine the JWs & Mormons cop a fair bit of abuse, but I'm seriously uncomfortable seeing them doorknock with kids. Some old friends of mine were JWs, but never doorknocked, and I'd actually be interested to know why kids are involved?
    I've seen the kids present in fairly formal clothes when it's a stinking hot day or pouring with rain, walking up and down the street with the elders. Surely it must be too much for them? What about when you cop abuse or are threatened? Genuine question, I'm just curious to see if anyone knows?

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnab739 View Post
    I've had a fruit & veg seller knock and when I pointed to my sign he said it only applies to electricity & phone companies. Then a solar panel company knocked and when I pointed to the sign they said they weren't selling anything, they were just trying to set up appointments for consultations

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    Honestly, at our local shopping centre which is medium size, I find the Gotcha Photography the worst. How many times does a person need to say no? you walk past and refuse, and on the other side there are more of them waiting to bug you when you walk past again to go back the other way... (the only other way back..). They will annoy you even when your baby is obviously asleep too... as if anyone will wake a baby for a overpriced photo shoot?!
    I agree. And they make a fuss of your little ones as if to say "he'd take such a cute photo" to try and suck you in. Gotcha are very annoying!