+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I remember when I was visibly pregnant with DS and looking through the baby section at Target or Myer or something like that I was approached by a budget photography studio representative. They were having an instore promotion, I think, and the woman just wouldn't leave me alone! I told her I wasn't interested and she just kept trying to convince me that I'd love a keepsake when my baby was born and pestering me for details. I finally just told her to shove off (I literally said 'shove off' because I am cool like that) and waddled away to complain at the service desk. Pushy nutter.

Actually, today I was shopping and DS had just bolted out of my grasp (he's slippery and fast!), and as I was racing after a hyperactive toddler, someone actually thought I was in a position to pause for some idle advertising. Like, "Excuse me, miss! literally shove a piece of paper in my face kind" of purchase.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post

I have done stalls in shopping centers and we were never never never allowed to call out to people, it was against center management policy for us to do so and tbh I wouldn't of been able too, I find it incredibly rude. A smile is plenty, if someone want's more information they will come up to you
    See that kind of approach is what should be done. I really dislike the whole "Hi! How's your day been?" approach, because I'd feel rude not replying, but if I did reply then it's open slather.
    A simple "Hi, would you like to donate to *charity x* today?" is enough. I'm terrible at saying no without feeling rude, but something like that I'd be fine saying "sorry, not today" and walking away without feeling like I'm personally responsible for wiping out an entire country or endangered species

But the Photo stalls, Seacrest lotions (which DH got guilted in to buying for me to "soothe your wifes dishpan hands".WTF?..which shows how much they push, as it's DH who does the washing up here) and the like are awful, especially when you have kids with you.
    Why do they always bend down and do baby talk with your kids? "Mummy would love to use this on her feet after running around you little angels all day!" "Wouldn't daddy love a picture of you all to put on his desk?"...DH is a tradie lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh they really annoy me too. I was shopping one day when stopped by a guy selling hair straighteners and I said not today as I had DD with me (she was 3 at the time) and he said oh we can do her hair too, I was a bit taken aback gave him a weird look and said our hair was fine. DD has the most beautiful curls why would I want to straighten them out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    Honestly, at our local shopping centre which is medium size, I find the Gotcha Photography the worst. How many times does a person need to say no? you walk past and refuse, and on the other side there are more of them waiting to bug you when you walk past again to go back the other way... (the only other way back..). They will annoy you even when your baby is obviously asleep too... as if anyone will wake a baby for a overpriced photo shoot?!
    Yep gotcha is terrible for it I was 37 weeks pregnant and had almost 3 yr old DD with me in the middle of a screaming tantrum they tried the whole it's only $10 for a sitting and you get 2 free photos. Lol

“Whether a man knew it or not, he needed a woman at his back: someone to remind him that all is not lost, someone to show him the sliver of light that is creeping its way through the dark, someone to hold him, even when he didn’t realized he needed to be held.”

Excerpt From: Loftis, Quinn. “Sacrifice of Love.” iBooks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haaate the Seacret guys! I particularly despise the "Can I ask you a question about your hair/skin/ whatever?" opener!! I always just take the free sample and say "No you can't " and move on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I try not to even look at them. I don't answer their questions and I don't stop.

I get it is there job but i see it as my job not to get suckered into whatever they are selling.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm rude...I ignore them as if they aren't even there lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just smile and say 'I donated last time I walked past'.... Or 'I donated already thanks'. It's amusing looking at their suntanned, young good-looking face with a blank look like they're wondering did this chick walk past earlier??
    haha

disclaimer: sometimes I do actually donate, if I have cash in my wallet. But I can't afford to every time.
    Last edited by Ellewood; 11-03-2014 at 20:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I once got stopped by make a wish, which I think is a great organization so I was happy to make a $20 one off donation as it's all I could afford at the time.
    They proceeded to tell me they don't accept one off donations and the minimum I could do was sign up for a direct deposit of $30 per month. What the?! When did charities become so damn picky.
    Yes this and having to sign up to the on going contracts on the spot without being able to talk to your husband about it and not being able to do it online or over the phone at another time well sorry I can commit to $60 a month on a contract without talking to my husband first so if I can't donate my $20 on the spot donation I can't donate today