+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The funny thing is I might be more inclined to check out what they are selling or promoting if they didn't wave me down, yell something out at me or basically annoy me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FITCHICK View Post
    AGREED! I try an dodge them but they always get me! I just say 'no thanks' and keep on walking. 'Derail alert' - you know what ****s me more?! Door knockers!!! Every couple of days at my house! I've lived here for 4 years and have FINALLY put a sign up. So far so good.
    Me too and I put up a sign also and they still ****ing knock!! Argh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've never been harrassed. I just say "not interested" and keep walking. If they continue talking, I continue walking, ignoring them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ugh, so over the Big Issue lady at my preferred shop. No, I am not giving you money to buy cigarettes, and I don't appreciate my small child being subjected to your foul smoke every time we walk past! I tend to just ignore people at shopping centres, I donate to charities I want to donate to and will not be guilt tripped into giving to anyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I dont like those people either, though now i just power through. I've had some bright sparks watching me wrestling my two kids, or when one's run off, or katelyn's crying and ask if I have a minute.. um... clearly not.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I avoid eye contact at all costs. If they speak to me I give them a look that says I've just contracted sudden toilet issues and quicken my pace.
    They are annoying, and i get that they need the work, it's just that I don't need the hassle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We can't afford to donate cash, so we try to donate belongings, DH has donated his trades, that kind of thing.

But the shopping centre ones are relentless.

Actually, the worst ones i encountered were the ones at the shopping centre near where I was staying in Temp housing. I was in a terrible state both finacially & emotionally, so their guilt trips about what luxuries I could do without, to help the charity made me upset.
    Then I had a guy from World Vision follow me a good 5-6 metres going on and on about displaced children due to war, and how would I feel if it were my children etc (who were with me), and I was obviously struggling as I was carrying our weeks groceries in a back pack and bags, in order to walk the 1/2 hr walk back home, plus I was upset already at having to tell the kids they couldnt have an icecream, as I couldn't afford it. He made me feel like total crap.
    In the end, I turned around and said to him loudly "I've already told you I can't afford to donate, no not even a $1 a day, as I've just left a womens shelter and I'm in temporary housing".
    He then said "Oh, well we can sign you up still but just delay the inital debit for a month. What do you think?"

I know what I really wanted to say, but I just walked off.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have a standard "I'm not interested" line that I give to anyone, even door knockers, door knockers get the door shut and I just keep walking in shopping centers. As soon as you engage them I find they will say anything to get you to stop and talk.

I have done stalls in shopping centers and we were never never never allowed to call out to people, it was against center management policy for us to do so and tbh I wouldn't of been able too, I find it incredibly rude. A smile is plenty, if someone want's more information they will come up to you

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Grrr. Drives me insane too. One day I was walking through a crush of people at the shops and dd had squirmed out of the pram straps, stood up turned around and was screaming at me while I was pushing with one hand and holding her with the other, trying to make it through the crowd so I could get her sorted. At this moment a guy steps out from one of the hair straighter selling stalls and asks me if I straighten my hair. "Do I look like I have time to straighten my hair? !" was the most polite thing I could say in that moment.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I dont really care I just ignore them or say no thanks.

They have an honest job.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast