+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ugh. This sh1ts me to tears. The one time I gave in and did the photo shoot by 'gotcha photography' I got the free picture back and they had gone photo shop crazy. It didnt look anything like her and she was missing parts of her body. It was the worst photo. Ive taken better.

Now everytime im asked by gotcha photography to stop I just say 'its called 'gotcha photography' for a reason!!'

Im always getting stopped. I walk past and say no thanks and they still harass me. One guy even followed me and they arent meant to venture out of their little box. Just rude.
    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ugh! Gotcha is at my local shops at the moment, not even saying "No they're sick" can stop them from trying to pull you in. I've had them try to wake a sleeping DS before, tickling his feet and cooing while he snoozed in the pram! Furious!

I remember a guy from an animal charity responding to my "I'm on maternity leave and on one income, I can't afford to commit to a monthly donation" say "if you go without buying a coffee a day, you could afford it". First off, I don't drink coffee, let alone buy it, secondly I already cut down on non essentials to buy baby stuff and thirdly, mind your own business!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got harassed by an environment charity. At the time I was 8 months pregnant and literally carrying a screaming 2 y/o under my arm. The woman started saying "don't you care about the environment? You have kids, what sort of world do you want to leave for them". I responded with something like "not only do I not care about the environment but on weekends I burn tyres in my back yard for fun and after that I pull the wings off butterflies". The poor woman did not know what to say. Of course none of this was true, but her blackmail tactics really peeved me off.

These days I just say "no thanks. I don't have time". Usually said with a smile as I keep on walking.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (11-03-2014),ChickyBee  (11-03-2014),GlitterFarts  (11-03-2014),Gothel  (11-03-2014),JR03  (11-03-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (11-03-2014),sandy_1902  (11-03-2014),snowqu33n  (11-03-2014),VanityFey  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I threatened one of the Sea-cret guys with a sticky lollipop. I gave him a polite no thanks as I was pushing a sooky DS in the trolley with one hand and holding the gross discarded lollipop in the other. He responds with can I ask you a question???
    I responded not unless you want to wear this lollipop! He backed off

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always smile but never say a word back. I find if i don't talk back, not even hi, they won't continue to talk to me. Hate them too tho!!

Me + DH + DS (2) + Bub #2 due July

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im heavily pregnant with a 3 year old - clearly have my hands full already and they still hassle me. I just say "no thank you" and keep walking.

Man we can barely afford to to pay bills / feed ourselves atm with the cost of EVERYTHING going up.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't agree more op. It is doing my head in going to the shops now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm brutally honest and just say 'I'm not interested' as soon as they start coming my way . I figure I'm saving them from wasting their time too.

I did complain once about a couple of young men who were mocking people that were saying no, and imitating the way they walked. It was so off.

They were sent packing though. Score one point for the people

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gotcha photos have told me it's ok to have photos when I have 3/4 of my children with me. Because that wouldn't cause any dramas in the future, professional photos missing a child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear ya! Our local Westfield has so many of them! I just go to get what I need & get out of thee. Don't leave time to muck around with them!