+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    Whenever I see them I walk past as fast and as far away as possible, avoiding eye contact.

If they say "hi, how are you today" I just say "good thanks" as I keep walking off quickly. They don't tend to stray far from their post, so the quicker you can get out of their way, the better!

I really don't appreciate being stopped or harassed, so I can relate OP.
    My sister said she replies to the how are you today question when being harassed with " not well I'm about to vomit" and they always walk away!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (11-03-2014),bezzy  (11-03-2014),GlitterFarts  (11-03-2014),Gothel  (11-03-2014),IvyRain  (11-03-2014),Laydeebugxxx  (11-03-2014),Mod-Degrassi  (11-03-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (11-03-2014),smallpotatoes  (11-03-2014),snowqu33n  (11-03-2014),SpecialK  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The worst for me are the children's photography companies by far! Our converstaions go a little like this (whilst I'm walking away, mind you!) 'Hi how are you today mam?
    'Good thanks, but I'm not interested.'
    'Can I ask how old your baby is?'
    'No thankyou'
    'It's only $7'
    'No!'
    I wish they wouldn't persist omg!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always try and avoid eye contact especially when I'm in a rush. What gets me now is the random charities that call me at home to ask for a donation. I just got a call today from the Guides Dog asking for a donation. I haven't donated to them before so don't know how they got my number and knew my name.
    I would love to have donated something but can't at the moment.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Op don't feel bad. It's a pita but you are in no way obliged to give them your time OR money. If I get approached I just say no and keep walking. The worst was when I was 7m pregnant and pushing a 15mo in s pram, this guy tried to sell me paintball tickets! !! I mean ffs surely he could have picked a better target! But now I just think they are looking for customers, I'm not it but why should that upset my day? Walk on and don't feel bad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So funny you posted this. My mum and I were just at the shops and got harassed by one lady twice to give money to the deaf association.
    Now I love charities. .heck if it wasn't for one in particular research about my dd's heart condition wouldn't be getting much attention. . however I HATE them in the shopping centres.
    My mum was complaining that she regularly donates to several charities on her own accord and doesn't need to be made to feel guilty about donating more while at the shops.
    Oh and don't get me started about those child/baby photo booths. I went to one for a laugh one day and hoping for one good pic. I told them I just wanted a natural looking pic... without props.. when I mentioned her scar from open heart surgery down her chest they offered to photo shop it out. :/

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I once got stopped by make a wish, which I think is a great organization so I was happy to make a $20 one off donation as it's all I could afford at the time.
    They proceeded to tell me they don't accept one off donations and the minimum I could do was sign up for a direct deposit of $30 per month. What the?! When did charities become so damn picky.
    This!!! We sponsor a child in Tanzania. Recently there was extreme weather (I can't for the life of me remember what happened, flood, cyclone, something!) anyway, I got a letter asking if I could donate extra that month (and I was thinking an extra $20-$30) but the options started at $75! In fine print down the bottom I found a account number for direct deposit instead so I transferred $30. The 'minimum amount' ones turn me off

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one during the Christmas rush that pushed me to verbally lash out! DD was being feral amongst the crowds and throwing a 'drop down on the floor' type of tantrum when this idiot decided to walk out of his little stall and approach me "Hi how's your day going can I stop you..." I was like "are you serious?" Out of all the people walking past you chose to go out of your way to come to me when you can clearly see I'm in the middle of trying to get my child off the shopping centre floor...I was so angry that after i had finished my shopping I purposely exited the centre from a different exit and walked an extra long way through the car park back to my car, just so I didn't have to go past the stall again.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gracie's Mum For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in shopping centres daily and there was a stall just outside the branch I was working from. Oxfam or something. The third time he asked I turned around and said look I am working from there you have asked me 3 times already...you will see me plenty more times stop asking. He looked embarrassed. It is incredibly frustrating and a daily occurrence for me.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    If people are badgering you, please complain to centre management. In my experience they take it very seriously as they do not want temporary stall holders driving away shoppers.
    This! I have to say though that I very rarely get harassed at the two shopping centers I usually go to. A polite 'no thanks' and keep walking, I've never been pushed beyond that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Christmas time is the worst! I know that there's lots of shoppers out there so potentially more customers/donors/whatever, but seriously? Xmas shopping is bad enough as it is without being hounded.

I'm a bit of a sucker for those charity teddy bears and when DS was a newborn, I was approached by a RSB person looking for a donation. I said I'd buy a teddy bear and she said "oh no, they're not for sale, we're asking people to sign up for monthly donations. It won't cost much and we can debit it straight out of your bank account!" then got a bit confused when I said I'd just had a baby and we'd gone down to one income so there was no way we'd be able to afford a regular donation.