+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sjpost,
    There is a free pregnancy planning session tonight at 6.30 at Dallas Brooks Hall in East Melbourne. It is put on by Epworth Freemasons and welcomes pregnant and non-pregnant people planning their pregnancies. Partners welcome!
    PS Epworth Freemasons is a BUPA friendly hospital as BUPA offers a corporate plan for all Epworth staff, Cheers Cococog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my first baby at Freemasons and my second at St Vincents. I just looooooooooooooooved going private and it would definitely be my preference if you can afford it. Such a nice way to start life with a new baby. I much preferred Freemasons over St V's, even though I got stuck with a shared room on my first night at Freemasons (but i believe it is all private now). There were many little rules that got to me at St V's and made life more stressful. Things that I probably would have thought were just normal if I hadn't had my first bub elsewhere around things like the 72 hour check being at 48 hours, them resisting me getting out of bed until i nearly had a breakdown over it well after 24 hours after c/s, not allowing me to eat for hours after, things like that. Both were good though! I especially loved the hotel program.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was with BUPA too and had my first bub at St Vincent's.

Loved it so much I cried on discharge to try and sneak in for an extra day or two
    It felt like having 20 mummies taking care of us (not only bub and I but also DH).

However BUPA sucks and I was out of pocket a lot. I cancelled my PHI with them since actually.