+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No problem, Kuwtk. Which other company is in contention?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, i have just stumbled across this thread. Im hoping for some advice but i am not sure where to start. I have just finished my 3rd Donor egg cycle in South Africa. I have done 3 DE cyckes this year all resulting in bfn. I am 34, with unexplained infertility- nothing ever comes back to out of the norm, hubby is 31 with good aperm. Have slightly elevated nk cells so for the past 2 cycles i tried intralipids and the bondi protocol. Still no luck so i am now deciding my next step. Im wondering if i should consider the clinic you have all gone to. Could anyone give me a rough estimate of the whole trip including ivf, accom etc. All up for our first initial cycle to south africa for both hubby and i cost about 17000 inc accom flights tours etc. Has anyone tried SA and then moved on to Spain? Also is i possible to do the trip in 2 weeks and is it mandatory to test for genetics like cystic fibrosis? I need a do or who is not a cf carrier and has super eggs thank you in advance for any info and good luck to all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nettsy I had been thinking of serum in Greece.. So much to consider though!
    @ECM1981 not sure I can answer your questions at this stage as I am still in the research phase myself but if I do go ahead with IVF spain I will share my info 😊

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kuwtk For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (10-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello fellow IVF sisters!

Well...we just got back from our trip. We ended up having 6 Grade A blastocyst embryos. The dr and the embryologist were all amazed too! I did the Beta HCG test a couple of days ago, out of my surprise, it came back POSITIVE !! OMG! I couldn't hug the GP and crying at the same time. Totally forgot about hubby was sitting next to me. This is the first time EVER I have a positive test result in the past 4 years of soul touching IVF journey. The HCG level is high - 1820. I'm still feeling surreal. I told my mom straight away and a few close friends. Mom said she knew I would call. She was incredibly happy. I really think mother & daughter are so connected.

So fellow IVF sisters, buckle up, cos your time is coming too!
    @RachBy: Thanking you so much for your post and your supports! If it was not you, I wouldn't be here today. I'm forever grateful!!!

@ Nettsy: Let me know how can I get in touch, happy to meet to walk you through the process. Which dr did you have Skype consultation? My dr was Szlarb. She is fantastic!

@ ECM1981: Did the clinic in Sth Africa give you any explanations of 3 unsuccessful cycles?What was the quality of the embryos like? Have you been tested for DQ alpha genes matching?
    Last edited by HopeAgain; 10-12-2015 at 10:59. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    No they didnt. They said embryos all good quality and that sometimes it just doesnt work due to unexplained. They said i have just had bad luck. I will look into the dq alpha match. How do we get tested for that? Is it expensive?
    Congratulations on your bfp!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF in Spain!

@HopeAgain congrats what wonderful news!!

Did you transfer 2 embryos?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @HopeAgain thank you for suggesting looking into dq alpha. I have made a phone booking with Dr M, the famous Dr that so many girls have mentioned, i hipe he can test us for this to see if it is our problem. Appointment is 13th Jan do you have dq alpha match?

Thanks
    Reviews
    HopeAgain congratulations!!! That is so amazing!! My stomach flipped when I read that as I can totally relate to your painful journey and I can imagine the surprise and joy and excitement and relief you must have felt at the moment of receiving the POSITIVE news! It makes me want to get on a plane to Spain immediately! We skyped with Dr Lammens,

Kuwtk – I have read good things about Serum. And yes there is so much to consider, it is making my head spin.

ECM1981 hello. Sorry to hear about your experience in S.A. I have been looking at some options over there as well, but am surprised by the lack of feedback you were given by your clinic. According to IVF-Spain they have a 90% success rate after 3 attempts ( I can’t remember if that is with or without PGS though). As for a budget, it is hard to say how much it will be as it all depends on how much you want to spend on accommodation, food, flights (and when you want to go as if it is in high season accommodation and flights will be more). RachBy gave some great information about things to account for when budgeting for your trip. I would also recommend thinking about which tools/ processes you want included in the cycle. We are really keen on EEVA, it sounds like great technology - I am surprised they don’t use in in Australia. We are also considering PGS as having read a number of forums I was surprised by the number of 5 day blastocysts that can come back ‘not normal’ which if transferred would not have resulted in a lovely positive. Depending on which of the three options (different processes, tools etc) we choose we may even have to do a trip over there one month before the trip for the transfer, which will clearly increase the cost by quite a bit again. Perhaps you should have a skype session with IVF Spain so they can take you through everything - it is free and there is no obligation to use them and they have not pushed us to make a quick decision either.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nettsy For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I've been told by IVF Spain that the Skype consult is €150!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kuwtk, that is really odd as we had our initial consult and it cost us nothing, but if we want to take it to the next stage it will cost 150. Perhaps it was a misunderstanding on their part in terms of what you wanted?? It seems crazy to make you pay before your commit to using them, especially as many Spanish clinics offer an initial free conversation. Hopefully they have been good at replying to questions via email if not by Skype -we found Ellis very helpful