+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Moving baby from bassinet to own room.

DS is still in my room at 5 months old.. Just wondering if anyone had any advice about moving him out of his bassinet in his own room!

When did you move your baby?

He still wakes for feeds about twice a night & moving him & having to get out of bed to get him are my only reasons for keeping him close so long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think its recommended 6 - 12 months for SIDS prevention. We moved our twins at 6 months. They were already in a cot so it was only moving rooms. They were absolutely fine with making the move...it was only me who was sad!

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My 7 week old DS is in his own room 1 metre across the hall. We bought a video monitor to keep an eye on him he wakes a few times a night for food or resettling we moved him because he is a noisy and light sleeper so he was keeping us awake and we where waking him every time we moved in the bed. I moved my DD into her own room at 14 months. My eldest 2 moved at 5 and 4 months.

“Whether a man knew it or not, he needed a woman at his back: someone to remind him that all is not lost, someone to show him the sliver of light that is creeping its way through the dark, someone to hold him, even when he didn’t realized he needed to be held.”

Excerpt From: Loftis, Quinn. “Sacrifice of Love.” iBooks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=LiterallyNoOne;7692634]My 7 week old DS is in his own room 1 metre across the hall. We bought a video monitor to keep an eye on him he wakes a few times a night for food or resettling we moved him because he is a noisy and light sleeper so he was keeping us awake and we where waking him every time we moved in the bed.

Same as this exactly however we moved him at 4 weeks.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Funnels For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is a great sleeper and once asleep we don't wake him even though we aren't careful & turn on lights etc! He's a great room mate really. I'm just feeling the need to move him on soon before he grows our of the bassinet! I'd like to start now so it's by choice not when he is too big and has no choice but to move.. Less pressure!

I was giving him day sleeps in the cot and he was fine but we are out a lot
    & when we are home he generally just sleeps wherever we are at the time.. Lounge floor etc. So I got a bit lazy with that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt the same when I was moving dd into her room at 3 months. I too did the day sleeps in her cot. I thought she was going to struggle with the move but to be honest she was fine and became an even better sleeper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by May baby View Post
    I felt the same when I was moving dd into her room at 3 months. I too did the day sleeps in her cot. I thought she was going to struggle with the move but to be honest she was fine and became an even better sleeper.
    Same here. Dd slept in the bassinet next to me overnight and cot during the day.
    Once she was rolling a lot and seems to make her way into tummy sleeping every night no matter what we try. We felt it safer for her to sleep in the cot. The bassinets softer sides weren't as safe we thought.
    She sleeps better overnight now. First night was the hardest for me. She was fine.

I should add. Dd was 4 1/2 mths when we made the switch. She sleeps thorough now. Before she was walking at least once if not twice a night
    Last edited by MadeWithLove; 10-03-2014 at 22:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I moved my DD to the cot at about 4 months when she started moving/trying to roll. She started sleeping better!

Eta she's still in our room so no help on that side, sorry I imagine the tradition from bassinet to cot would be harder than room to room though. Maybe a baby monitor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My bubs were both in their bassinet until they outgrew it and started rolling so between 4-6 months. Then when moved to own room I often stayed in the room on the spare bed to feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We were given a gift certificate and didn't NEED anything so bought a video monitor. It's all set up ready to go. I think maybe tomorrow night we just bite the bullet and move him.

I think I'll find it a lot harder than him!