+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VanityFey View Post
    There is a massive difference between taking someone who is a natural dark brown or minimally colour treated hair to blonde and someone who has been dying there hair blue black for years. Your literally trying to go from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Your hair will be brassy (orange or red), it will be damaging, it will require at least 3 visit over as many months to achieve a decent result.
    They will either strip your hair and put a demi/possibly some foils over the top or perhaps go slower with full/half heads of foils.

You will need to commit to a weekly at home treatment regime to keep your hair in a different state.

Im not trying to be rude, simply giving you the same advicr I would to a client in my chair that I've learnt over my 8+ years in the industry experience

Tbh if anyone tells you they can get you ash or platinum blonde in one go run. a . mile!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Just curious: if you have been dying it etc for years and then allow it to grow out back to its original colour would there be the same problem with then dying in one go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have medium brown hair naturally. I had a very dark brown/black dye in it a few years ago. I went back to blonde in two or three visits. I think from memory it was quite light after two, blonde after three. No damage. I only have foils, an all over blonde turns my hair orange even when it's already light.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Just curious: if you have been dying it etc for years and then allow it to grow out back to its original colour would there be the same problem with then dying in one go?
    If you allowed absolutely all of the existing colour to grow out, and by this I mean continually cutting it off (or say only had maybe 5inchs tops of dyed hair left on your ends) then yes going lighter would be a lot easier as the majority of your hair is natural therefor your not trying to lighten and then counteract the orange pigment.

But depending on how long your hair is it can be quite a long process to do so it depends on what your happy to commit to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It would take awhile as my hair is quite long and there's only about an inch of regrowth. It's not really blue black right now more dark brown, as I said hair dyes don't hold to my hair well anymore. Which is why i want a change, getting bored with it always going back to that brown colour. Is it true if you cut your hair it grows faster? Maybe I should just go with a nice hair cut for now and get it layered or something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This is my hair now, it looks darker in this photo though (please don't quote will delete later) you can see my natural colour at the top (probably less than an inch regrowth actually) would blonde even suit? I have no idea
    Last edited by Sairz; 11-03-2014 at 13:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think blonde highlights would look very good

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Im gunna be completely honest and say that by looking at your hair that going blonde is not going to be easy at all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've gone from your colour to blonde twice. It took months and I ended up cutting it short as it was unhealthy. Took me four months or so.. I wanted to do it properly. Now, five years later I am white platinum blonde and I'll never change it again.. love it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefulmama2b For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That may not look dark to you, but its not just that its dark, its the layers upon layers of colour which make it a long and complicated process.

But yes it would take a long time to grow out, and cutting your hair doesnt make it grow faster it simply keeps it in good condition while growing.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VanityFey For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (11-03-2014)