+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week

Default food safety and complaints WA

I want to make a complaint to the health department regarding a shop and its fridge department and practises. the shop in question frequently sells meat that is green, chicken that is grey and marinated and crumbed steaks that are hiding god knows what. the fridges have, in the past, had cheeses and dips months passed their use by dates. I do not want to complain to the manager because many people have complained already and nothing has happened.

I went onto the department of health's web site and was directed to call the local shire. I do this and they tell me I need to do it through their site. But, the link to do so is not working!

who would have thought it would be so hard to complain about bad food being sold! does anyone have any insight as to what I need to do instead?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bump?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I would imagine it would be through each council as they have their own food inspectors I believe. What about dept of food and agriculture??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    A friend i work with got mince from thier local shop and it had a fly in it, under the plastic. They got no response from the manager or the shop so emailed the local news paper who actually did a article on it. Could you try that if all else failed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by CatesBean View Post
    Yeah I would imagine it would be through each council as they have their own food inspectors I believe. What about dept of food and agriculture??
    Looking now but on the mobile site at moment. Doesn't appear much help either.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    A friend i work with got mince from thier local shop and it had a fly in it, under the plastic. They got no response from the manager or the shop so emailed the local news paper who actually did a article on it. Could you try that if all else failed?
    I might do. I can't believe how hard it is to make a complaint. Week after week the meat is green and some will be marked down some won't, fresh fruit isn't so fresh, bread will occasionally get chunks taken out from birds or possums, etc

it's getting worse. It's disgusting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    well I just emailed the local council in a generic email address I found. Hopefully that does something.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Week after week the meat is green and some will be marked down some won't, fresh fruit isn't so fresh, bread will occasionally get chunks taken out from birds or possums, etc.
    Omg! Birds or possums! This place sounds horrible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    well I just emailed the local council in a generic email address I found. Hopefully that does something.
    Hopefully that works or they point you in the right direction at least!

Is this in the metro area or rural? Also got to ask, if it's all a bit gross, why do you keep going back there? :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    It has a bit of a reputation for being less than perfect. Yes!

It's motto is "direct to the public". it's basically a seconds outlet for fruit and veg but has expanded and sells much more. I will now only buy some fruit and veg there and pick very carefully and wash thoroughly where I used to be able to buy most of my food shopping solely there and save bundles. There are great savings to be made but it is going downhill as they are expanding and becoming more of a franchise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds like one near me; it stunk like rotting meat last time we were there. We turned around and walked straight out. Does it start with s in a suburb starting with w by any chance?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app