+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default School drop off with newborn in tow

How did you manage it?

A mum once said to me that no 3 just has to sleep wherever but I feel so guilty...

Ds3 is 5 wks and goes to bed just b4 8am, but we are out the door at 830.

I feel so guilty that he doesn't get his full sleep.

He isn't a great sleeper as is, so waking him up just means he isn't falling asleep again in the capsule.

We are new in town so I can't ask anyone else for help.

Any tips???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you need to drive or can you walk?
    I used to walk with bub in a sling, so that when I got home again he could just continue sleeping in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    can you let him fall asleep in the capsule and carry him to and from the car in the capsual asleep?

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Just push throuvh and worry more about routine when they drop to 2 sleeps a day... my DS1 was halfway through prep when DS3 was born. He was woken constantly and he was also a terrible day sleeper.

Now he is 9 months old, naps at 9:30am - 12:30 and then naps from 3:15pm - 3:45pm after we get back from pick up. He's settled into this routine quite well.

It was tough to start I just tried to make sure he got one uninterrupted nap in the middle of the day most days

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a newborn last march just after DD1 started school.

If he needed to sleep anytime after 730am in the morning id put him in the capsule so when we had to leave i could just pick him up.
    By about 4mths he was more set in his sleep times and his first nap would be at 9am once we'd done drop off.

Its hard but you just make it work.

Currently my DS is often asleep at school pick up time so i call in all sorts of favours from my mum, MIL etc so i dont have to wake him.
    I know he'll soon drop down to one day sleep and it'll fit in perfectly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am afraid you just have to do what you have to do. Bub will find his own routine.
    I have had to do it with my last 5 bubs. I find bubs morning nap just naturally moves back a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll try letting him sleep in the capsule then, hopefully he'll play along.

I don't have anyone here to help, and we aren't close enough to walk.

Capsule it is till sleep gets a little later.

Thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DD wakes up at 8am which is school drop off time. I put DD in the capsule inside the house and get DS1 ready then just put them in the car, DD last. When i get there i walk in with DS1 and DS2 (2.5yo) and the capsule, or ill get her out and put her in the sling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The capsule is good...keeps baby undisturbed. I always used a sling for my newborns or just carried them and they always went back to sleep. It was the breastfeeding that got me anxious so I used a dummy to keep baby happy till we got back home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS2 was born when DS1 and DD were mid year into prep and yr 2 so I had no choice but to get him in a routine for school drop offs which meant waking him while the kids were having breakfast feed and change him and put him in the capsule so if he fell asleep I didn't have to disturb him