+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm on mat leave just now but when I only had one child I worked 0.9fte over four days.

6.20am - daycare drop off
    7.30am - arrive at work
    4.15pm - leave work
    5.15pm - daycare pick up
    5.25pm - get home

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I get back to work in may it will be

7.15 leave home
    7.45 day care drop
    8.15 work
    6.15 pick up
    6.45-7 home

Sent from my Nexus 7 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My commute to work is 5-10 mins (the next suburb). When I go back from mat leave I'll take DS to my parent's house (20 mins), then take DD to school (20 mins), then go to work (another 20 mins). So we'll probably leave home at 7:50 ish for a 9am start at work.

I'll work 3 dpw 9-5ish (I'll probably have one late appointment per week).

My mum will have DS and pick DD up from school. DH will pick the kids up on his way home as he finishes work before me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I work 3 days during the week and one weekend arvo. Dh works interstate and only flies back for alt weekends so it's all up to me. Daycare is 1.5km away from home. Work is on the other side of the city.

Tues and Friday
    6.15am daycare drop off.
    7am work
    2.30pm finish work
    3.15pm back on my side of town and I usually gym and run errands minus kids
    4.45pm ish pick up kids.

Wednesday
    8am daycare drop off
    9am work
    4.30pm finish work
    5.30pm pick up girls.

I hate Wednesdays as I commute 45-60min each way. Last week it was 1.5hrs!!! Trying to get out of late Wednesdays so I do straight earlies.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I work FT and our childcare centre is a 30 second drive from home which is wonderful. If i leave the centre at 7:35am it takes me 15 minutes to drive to work. If i leave at 7:40am it takes me 25 minutes! On the way home is usually about 15 minutes so it is not too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've got 3 children aged 5, 3, 1. I work 3 days a week (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays) 8:30-2:55.

It used to take me an hour from leaving home to get to work including daycare drop off.

This year, my eldest child started school and I have to do 2 drop offs, so it takes a bit longer. My work is 50km from home, but I live near the city and drive against the traffic.

I drop my eldest at before school care at 7:30 on the days that I work. It is 2 mins from my house. I leave home at 7:25, drop her off and then it tajes about 35-40mins to drop my other 2 at daycare. Then about 15 mins to work from there.

I have put in a transfer for work to be closer to home. I have deliberately chosen schools within 15 minute drive from my house. At the before and after school care on the grounds of the school, they also have a daycare. My other 2 children will go there next year, but my baby can't go there as the minimum age is 2.

I pick my daughter up from after school care at 4, except Mondays, I pick her up at 5 as I have a meeting after work.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 10-03-2014 at 18:59.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    To work is 20 minutes.

Home depends on what time I leave. If it's before 5. 15 minutes home, or 25 minutes via daycare (daycare is in the opposite direction to work). If it's after 5, 25 minutes home or about 40 minutes via daycare.

I pretty much get DD ready in the morning (breakfast, dressed, hair and sunscreen). DH gets her socks and shoes DH drops her off as he starts 30 minutes later than me.

Depending on our schedules depends on who picks up. If I can get away from work early, I usually pick her up.

I am part time - Mon - Fri.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is a 2min drive to work but it's about to become 20mins.... But I travel for work so sometimes I get to work get in my vehicle and drive anywhere from 1-6hrs
    Work ft and stay at home husband

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I work part time, 5 days a week. In the morning it takes 45mins to drop both kids at my sons pre school and get to work. My daughter does before school care with her brother.

In the afternoon it takes 1.5 hours as I have to get my son, then my daughter them drive home. But I've just offered to drop her friend home so it will now take 2 hours to get home after finishing work.

I then have to clean, do dinner, home work, bath, bed routine, no help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In the morning it takes about 45 to get from home to daycare to my desk and in the afternoon probably an hour due to traffic. I do it on my own.