+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    Well, I would say that if she knows she shouldn't be doing this stuff and doesn't have a good reason to be, then it would be extremely reasonable for you and your DH to start setting some boundaries and bringing in some consequences. Probably wouldn't recommend strapping her to the bed, but it might solve your problem
    At 4am it is a tempting solution!

I know that you need to find thier "thing" the one thing that they love etc that you can maybe take away from them. This too varies from day to day with DD. One day she cant live without her stuffed cow pillow. The next night you would think i have cut off her arm if i dont read her a story. She is just such a random little mite.

I told her last night that if she stayed in bed this morning, we would go to the park after i pick her up from childcare. She was super excited and it hasnt registered that we wont be going this afternoon..

I can just see the conversation this afternoon:

Mummy are we going to the park?
    Nope - no park this afternoon
    But Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Because you got up at 4 am and ate a bunch of bananas this morning so we cant go to the park.
    Thats. Not. Fair. (Sulks)

5 minutes later...
    Mummy can we go to the park??

I guess it is just going to be trial and error until we one day stumble across the fact that she will behave like a little angel as long as we dont take away her purple sneaker or something random like that.

Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    You said your DH goes to work really early could he move her to your bed when he leaves? I only thought of this as you said if you call out to her when you hear her she will go back to sleep with you.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

bpac  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    You said your DH goes to work really early could he move her to your bed when he leaves? I only thought of this as you said if you call out to her when you hear her she will go back to sleep with you.

Sent from my telecommunications device.
    I never thought of that! He is so terrified to wake her up in the morning that it didnt even occur to us.... Thanks! Ill give it a go! Its got to be better then what we are doing now. Sure she can still wander around from our bed but it will be harder for her to do it with my hand locked onto her ankle while i sleep!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What a bummer but seems she's an early riser.
    I'd be setting up a quiet activity or she watches a movie.
    Setting out brekky for her isn't a bad idea to. At least she won't get into cupboards or the fridge if she's not hungry.
    Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

bpac  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleButterfly4 View Post
    What a bummer but seems she's an early riser.
    I'd be setting up a quiet activity or she watches a movie.
    Setting out brekky for her isn't a bad idea to. At least she won't get into cupboards or the fridge if she's not hungry.
    Good luck!
    Yeah of all things she had to inherit from her father and she go that one. She looks like me, talks like me, eats her icecream the same way i do.... but did she get my love of sleep ins and hate of the morning? Noooooooooooooooooooo she had to get that from her dad. So technically its all his fault!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would seek the advice of a paed. It doesn't sound like normal behaviour to me. In general what is her behaviour like? Not to say your child has ADHD or autism but what your child is doing, the very early rising and the behaviour in the morning sounds exactly like my friends child who has both autism and ADHD.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

bpac  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    I would seek the advice of a paed. It doesn't sound like normal behaviour to me. In general what is her behaviour like? Not to say your child has ADHD or autism but what your child is doing, the very early rising and the behaviour in the morning sounds exactly like my friends child who has both autism and ADHD.
    In general she is a very active, smart, well behaved little girl. 123 magic works a treat on her, but i can not really use that as a tool when i dont see her doing it until its too late.

I am very careful about what foods she eats and at what times.

I have actually asked my GP about it and she seems to think it is just a phase but i am almost to the point where i think i might have to get further outside help.

I just dont get it, for everything else, if she knows it is wrong she wont do it. Its just this..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have this exact same problem, except that the little one in question also wakes his brothers up, so often I have 3 kids sneaking around, raiding the fridge/pantry, drawing on walls and generally getting up to mischief. I caught him up at 2:50am this morning and of course he is so exhausted in the day he falls asleep sitting up sometimes. It is like a vicious cycle. Would just like to point out that the only one who doesn't do it and who loves his sleep is autistic. The other 3 are NT.

Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    In general she is a very active, smart, well behaved little girl. 123 magic works a treat on her, but i can not really use that as a tool when i dont see her doing it until its too late.

I am very careful about what foods she eats and at what times.

I have actually asked my GP about it and she seems to think it is just a phase but i am almost to the point where i think i might have to get further outside help.

I just dont get it, for everything else, if she knows it is wrong she wont do it. Its just this..

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

bpac  (10-03-2014),Crazyfiasco  (10-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is smart, independent and a problem solver. I think he sees it as a challenge and it's fun scattering flour or various things over the place, the way it feels and driving his cars through it like snow sigh. And there's the fun in feeding himself breakfast of whatever he wants including naughty treat foods, and he plays without being hassled by his sister. He can do whatever he likes without me stopping his fun.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crazyfiasco For This Useful Post:

bpac  (10-03-2014)