+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You know, given you are having bad nights anyway, why don't you try going without the dummy? Seriously, it sounds like your nights cant get any worse, but they can get better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone tried this and had success?

Hands on settling

When you see your baby's tired signs (cues), prepare your baby for sleep

Check your baby's nappy
    Wrap your baby in a light cotton sheet (optional) – taking care not to overheat
    Talk quietly and cuddle your baby to encourage a state of calm
    Position your baby on their back in the cot awake [calm/drowsy]. Ensure cot sides are up and secure
    Comfort your baby by: gentle ssshhh sounds, gentle rhythmic patting or rocking, or stroking staying until calm or asleep
    If your baby remains distressed you may need to pick your baby up for a cuddle until calm. Once calm repeat steps 4 and 5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put a few dummies in dds cot so if she lost one she had several still to locate. Seemed to work well

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom88 View Post

Hands on settling

Check your baby's nappy
    Position your baby on their back in the cot awake [calm/drowsy]. Ensure cot sides are up and secure
    Comfort your baby by: gentle ssshhh sounds, gentle rhythmic patting or rocking, or stroking staying until calm or asleep
    If your baby remains distressed you may need to pick your baby up for a cuddle until calm. Once calm repeat steps 4 and 5.
    Yep - depending on age. I eventually had to stop and get him to self settle but I use it now with my 7 wk old and very effective for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My DS 7 weeks wake every hour at night for a re-settle as he can't self settle I don't know why but it's always been a problem he feeds every 3 hours through the night.

“Whether a man knew it or not, he needed a woman at his back: someone to remind him that all is not lost, someone to show him the sliver of light that is creeping its way through the dark, someone to hold him, even when he didn’t realized he needed to be held.”

Excerpt From: Loftis, Quinn. “Sacrifice of Love.” iBooks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Hands on settling

Check your baby's nappy
    Yep. I started at 12mths with both girls. Works well except when sick or teething. Then we all snuggle in bed together.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    My DS 7 weeks wake every hour at night for a re-settle as he can't self settle I don't know why but it's always been a problem he feeds every 3 hours through the night.

“Whether a man knew it or not, he needed a woman at his back: someone to remind him that all is not lost, someone to show him the sliver of light that is creeping its way through the dark, someone to hold him, even when he didn’t realized he needed to be held.”

That is way way way too young to be expecting bub to self settle. It's not biologically normal. And 3hrly feeds is super normal for 7wk old bub. Cripes dd2 was 2hrly for ages.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (12-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hands on settling

Check your baby's nappy
    Yes worked very well when dd was 4.5 months. Then she hit a wonder week and it all ended and now at nearly 7 months we're back to hourly wakings and will only calm when fed or cuddled!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hands on settling

Check your baby's nappy
    Yes. Both my boys hated it and just got worked up when I was touching them. Co-sleeping has been the only thing to keep me sane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    That is way way way too young to be expecting bub to self settle. It's not biologically normal. And 3hrly feeds is super normal for 7wk old bub. Cripes dd2 was 2hrly for ages.

I have 4 children and he is the only one that has not been able to self settle.