+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I sort of coslept with DD and I now cosleep with DS.
    DD was in a basinette next to my side of the bed and she'd spend half the night in bed with us when she was little but she actually hates bed sharing so she's now in her own cot.
    DS sleeps much better with me (he's a cuddly sookie baby) I use pillows to make sure he doesn't roll off the bed, I put him up at my head level so not to accidentally cover him with blankets and we use separate blankets. Oh and it's a lot easier when DH isn't in bed too which works now coz he's sleeping in DD's room lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Another option if you wanted to keep the dummy (they come in handy I do admit) is this

http://sleepytotaustralia.com.au/pro...products_id/29

At 6 months she might be able to find it then and put it back in herself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Daptoamy View Post
    Another option if you wanted to keep the dummy (they come in handy I do admit) is this

http://sleepytotaustralia.com.au/pro...products_id/29

At 6 months she might be able to find it then and put it back in herself
    So how does this work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom88 View Post
    So how does this work?
    The idea is You can put a dummy in its paws. (Or one in each so they have one in each corner) It gives the baby a larger object to grasp so they don't lose it so easily. You spend time during the day playing with it teaching her to find it and put in a dummy herself. Then later on you can gradually take the dummies away and they just have the bunny to comfort them. I bought one at 4 months for dd but she was a bit too young to understand it. She likes the bunny though lol and has it in the car (and her blankie haha).
    Edit:Check out the reviews and stories on google.
    I never bothered teaching dd as by that point I decided the dummy was gone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok thanks heaps! I will check it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another bad night with DD.. 😒 I cant work out why.. 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD has always been a bad sleeper. I sympathise.
    As for dummies... It was around this age that my DD started finding them and putting them in her mouth herself.
    I saw the link to the sleep comforter. .. I've done this with a small muslin. She's rubs it against her face and cuddles it. I tie a dummy to the corner of it so it can't be lost either kind of the same principal.
    Good luck. I hope it improves soon for you.
    My sleep deprivation was slowly turning me insane! You cope the best way you can.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    My DD has always been a bad sleeper. I sympathise.
    As for dummies... It was around this age that my DD started finding them and putting them in her mouth herself.
    I saw the link to the sleep comforter. .. I've done this with a small muslin. She's rubs it against her face and cuddles it. I tie a dummy to the corner of it so it can't be lost either kind of the same principal.
    Good luck. I hope it improves soon for you.
    My sleep deprivation was slowly turning me insane! You cope the best way you can.

Wow thats an awesome idea with the muslin. So trying that today, my DS3 goes to sleep with a muslin and a dummy but I never thought to attach it!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    Wow thats an awesome idea with the muslin. So trying that today, my DS3 goes to sleep with a muslin and a dummy but I never thought to attach it!

Works a treat! Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom88 View Post
    Another bad night with DD.. 😒 I cant work out why.. 😁
    It's the dummy, unfortunately. Babies need to fall asleep in the same way and in the same place as they go to sleep, and if she remembers going to sleep with her dummy yet she's waking without it, she gets upset.

Your two options really are either ditching the dummy all together or using some of the other techniques mentioned to help her find them at night.

I would recommend getting rid of it all together as she's only 6 months and it will be getting rid of a sleep crutch.

I wouldn't recommend co-sleeping though as you would just be replacing one sleep crutch with another. A friend started doing this with her DD at 9 mins an she's now 22 months old an she can't get her to sleep on her own now as she's created another.

At 6 months you can start sleep training. But that doesn't mean controlled crying if you aren't comfortable with that, but we found hands on settling helped. There are some great resources on the tresillian website. Check it out.

And good luck. Only you know what you feel comfortable with but if you know you don't function on not much sleep, don't try co sleeping as you're just delaying teaching her to sleep on her own. But if you want a short term fix until you're ready to sleep train, co-sleeping may help.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (11-03-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-03-2014),SoThisIsLove  (11-03-2014)