+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week

Default Roast veggies.

What veggies do you roast?
    How do you roast them?
    Do you put any spice or anything else on them?

Yes I am bored.
    I love roast veggies but i do them very different to the rest of my family so I was wondering how do you do them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I like to roast pumpkin in coconut oil or carrots with cumin and a little oil

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have roast potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, carrots and onion. I give them a spray with olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt on top.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love potatoes with olive oil, fresh rosemary and sea salt and pumpkin with garlic and honey. Yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do roast potato, pumpkin, carrot, parsnip, garlic, onion, and occasionally a few cobs of corn in their husks.
    With olive oil, sea salt and a few sprigs of rosemary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I do potato, sweet potato, onion, capsicum, carrots, broccoli (got my kids eating broccoli), cauliflower sometimes all and sometimes a combination of a few. I put olive oil or coconut oil on and rosemary or some other woody herb from the garden on them and bake at about 190.

Sometimes if the herbs in the garden aren't large enough to pick I have some frozen ones in the fridge like sage, tarragon and other random herbs. I have been putting paprika on the cauliflower lately and it tastes great.

Oh I cut the veggies up pretty small.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I do roast potato, I boil them til they are almost falling apart than toss them in a tray with olive oil or duck fat that has been preheated.
    I chuck pumpkin and sweet potato in at the same time but dont boil them first.
    I season with sea salt and will add rosemary steams.

If I am going to do onions I pop them in at the same time as the meat.

I also roast corncobs with a bit of butter and sea salt than wrap them in aluminium foil. Carrots and beans with honey, garlic and a bit of butter in aluminum foil parcels too.

Me + DF
    DS1- Sep '07
    DS2- Nov '08
    DD- July '11
    Our family is complete!

Gestational Surrogate- FET#1 March '14

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I do potato, onion, sweet potato, carrot, pumpkin, all with a spray of olive oil and a sprinkle of Masterfoods Tuscan seasoning - very delish!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do potatoes like this. ..
    Cut into quarters...toss in a bag with olive oil, salt, breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. . then roast for about an hour depending on size. . So so good.

Also baby/dutch carrots. .. with olive oil and fennel seeds or ground fennel if you have them. . then roast. Also my fav roasted veg. sounds weird but is yummy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always boil my potatoes first till cooked, then I drain them in a colander and roll them around a bit to rough up the outsides. Then I roll them in oil and herbs or spices before baking. It gets that really soft center with the crispy outside.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tildy For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (09-03-2014)