+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Brisbane Student Midwife- Mater Mothers Hospital

Good Afternoon Everyone,

My name is Emma! I am second year student midwife currently studying at Australian Catholic University in Brisbane and completing my practical clinical at the Mater Mothers.

As apart of my studies I am involved in a program called the 'Follow Through Journey' or (more recently called) the 'Continuity of Care' program.

This program allows me to facilitate professional friendships with 20 lovely pregnant women and their partners (or birth partners) and to help, support, prepare and advocate for them along their journey into parenthood. It also means that a friendly face will be there to attend appointments and for labour and birth.

This program also allows me to learn and hear about your decisions whilst being pregnant and decisions you make regarding your birth plan and so on. It also allows me to learn off other healthcare professionals that will be assisting you along your journey as well.

My previous 'follow through' women have appreciated having someone to run a question by or to call 24/7 if they were concerned or are unsure about what to do. If I cannot help or it's out of my scope of practice then I have helped find the right person to contact to help.

The Continuity of Care Experience is 100% confidential and you are welcome to withdraw at anytime it you find that it is not for you.

Please contact me on ejgidd001@myacu.edu.au for more information or if you would like to be involved in this fantastic experience!

'Thank you for your great support, help and great suggestions you have given me!! It has made it a really enjoyable time' CCE

ACU Student Midwife Article- http://www.acu.edu.au/about_acu/our_...ing/you_and_me

Women's experiences of a Follow Through Journey Program with Bachelor of Midwifery-
    http://www.womenandbirth.org/article...095-9/abstract

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi do u still need someone?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Student Midwife

Hi Joalisha,

Yes I am still looking for new women to be involved in the program.

Do you think you would like to be involved?

Kind Regards,
    Emma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I might be I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow, I'm classed as high risk so will be having many appts! Already had my 1st midwife appt last week at the mater!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

If you decide you would like to be involved email me at ejgidd001@myacu.edu.au and we can exchange details.

It may be nice for you to have some extra support in your high risk pregnancy, and I would love to be involved to help provide you with that extra support.