+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Late period, TTC

Hi, would love any advice. Period was due between 24 and 26 Feb but there is no signs of it showing up. My skin has been really oily and i had pale pink spotting on valentines day. Honestly okay with not being pregnant yet because I'm in a wedding later this year and my friend might not be thrilled if I'm pregnant for it, but confused because ive taken several tests and all have been negative. I was on antibiotics earlier this month. Can the affect it?
    just not sure what to do now.
    thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are your cycles usually reliable/regular? Not sure why tests would be negative- you could try a different brand or go get a blood test with your GP? All the best either way

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chickenandegg For This Useful Post:

Violet85  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How did you determine what day you ovulated?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Violet85  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if the antibiotics themselves can cause changes to your cycle but if you are unwell that can delay ovulation which in-turn can cause a longer cycle.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to believe For This Useful Post:

Violet85  (07-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I have been pretty regular since i came off the pill. My cycle hasn't been longer than 29 days. I don't know when i ovulated to be honest. I just kind of assume its the middle of the month. We have been quite... Enthusiastic lately (sorry, TMI) and specially since ive been off the pill.
    I had the antibiotics for a small dental infection so nothing scary. Work has been extremely full on so wondering if its connected to that. Thanks for the replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well... Still no period. I went back in my calendar and it turns out i was wrong, my last one was on 1 February, so I'm not as late as i thought. Haven't taken a test since last Saturday but a bit chicken to (don't know why). I realised when i got home from a really bad meeting at work and cried yesterday that I'm actually really stressed at work at the moment, so maybe that's what has delayed it. Just going to wait and see what happens. Possibly time for a job change.