Calling all parents of ONLY children! | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hey all

I only have the one DS, he turned 3 last month.

Still haven't had that urge that I must have another child. We were thinking of TTC later this year, but it's really not solid.

I'm 34 years old, my DH is 42. My first and only pregnancy was complicated and resulted in DS being delivered at 31+2. Having a premmie was quite a rollercoaster.

DS is a real firecracker, very strong willed and incredibly active. He has a speech delay and is currently in an early intervention play group. The fact that he isn't an 'easy' child just makes me want to focus on him more without bringing another baby into the mix.

We could very well end up with an only child, and I think we'll both be fine with that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, we only have one DS, who is now 5 years old. We won't be having any more and I feel a bit lonely too. I had a straightforward easy pregnancy and labour. There are about 5 other families in DS's class at school who also only have the one child so that has helped. All my other friends have more than one though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mee!!!
    We only have dd who is 5 in august.
    Theres lots of threads I dont find relevant anymore but plenty I still read and comment on.
    Glad theres some people in the same place as me!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (04-05-2014),PippaG  (04-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pregnant with my one and only! People are already asking about a second, the looks when you say probably not are unbelievable. My line at the moment is one is a good comprise on none as I always said I wasn't having children. DP already has two from a previous marriage. I'm 36 and he is 38. I will be very happy with one and I just can't see us with more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm 99% sure this is us
    DS is 2.5 and I can't see anymore in the future, I really don't have that desire for another child. I find being a parent to a young one very restricting.

DH is also very happy with just one

Many people keep telling me I'll want another but I'm yet to get that feeling!
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 04-05-2014 at 20:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Having trouble ttc number 2 with Ivf so we are looking at DS being only 1.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    My DD is 16 months and I don't feel any desire to have a second at the moment. Before I had her I always thought I'd have at least two children, maybe more, but now that we have DD in our life I just don't feel that urge to have another. DH feels the same.

We have so many friends and relatives onto their second baby now and the questions and pressure on us is unbelievable; when I answer honestly that I'm not sure we'll have a second people look at me like I'm crazy. I don't know, I haven't completely ruled it out but I don't see another child in the foreseeable future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Single mum to a 2.5 DD. I crave for another pregnancy/baby that it hurts, but into I find my true love, then I can only watch on to my friends and family have kids. It cuts me up inside, but I also focus on the positives of only having one child .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I'm 39 and single OP so there was never going to be a no.2 for me. I am perfectly content with that. I don't care to do it all again, and DS is everything I could have wanted anyway

Just play it by ear and see how you go. Don't worry, be happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    Single mum to a 2.5 DD. I crave for another pregnancy/baby that it hurts, but into I find my true love, then I can only watch on to my friends and family have kids. It cuts me up inside, but I also focus on the positives of only having one child .
    Why not have a baby by yourself. Heaps of people do it?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (04-05-2014)