+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had 3 siblings (brothers). My parents are dead and I was only close to one brother who died last year. The other 2 exclude me and cause me a lot of pain. I have one child (teenager) who sees all this and insists she is happy to be an only child. Because I have one we have a nice lifestyle, we go on overseas holidays every year - I'm taking her to Europe for Christmas which would be impossible with more than one. I connect with our extended family to make sure she feels part of a family group and we have close friends. I think I'm a good mother to one, but probably wouldn't have been a good mother to more than one.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beancounter For This Useful Post:

Joeee  (07-07-2016),lilypily  (07-07-2016),LittleDove  (08-07-2016)

I only have 1 DD. We always planned for more, but my body had other plans. Now I'm in my late 30's, I'm finally coming to terms with having an only child. Some days I struggle with it, I hate that my last 2 pregnancies ended in miscarriage, but other days I'm content with 1 child. The thought of going back to sleepless nights is enough to turn me off it. In the end, I don't really have a choice, my body just won't work like it should. I need a hysterectomy (Adenomyosis and Endo pains are sucking the life out of me) but that's just too final and I'm not quite ready to give up that last little bit of hope yet. I just wish people would stop telling me I need to have another, that's a big pet hate of mine.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluehawaii For This Useful Post:

Joeee  (29-07-2016),surfergal  (22-08-2016)