+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    We have two children, but only one with us now. Our daughter passed away from asthma in 2012 when she was five and a half years old. Our son was 19 months old at the time and is now almost five and a half.
    We have tried desperately to have another child, but at 46, I'm just too old and have no eggs left

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Not quite sure that above post is appropriate other than to make somebody feel upset about only having 1 child. Maybe it's just how I read it but I think it's off point.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

bluehawaii  (06-07-2016),Elijahs Mum  (06-07-2016),gingermillie  (06-07-2016),JR03  (06-07-2016),pointless1  (06-07-2016),rusty22  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lilypily - absolutely not the only one who feels that way. DS not having any siblings & knowing he never will is always one of the senses of guilt I carry even though he is vocal about being happy to be an only child.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Calling all parents of ONLY children!

I'm glad you deleted it, this thread is for people who find themselves in a situation where they were lucky enough to get one child but are struggling to come to terms with not being able to provide a sibling. The thread title is clear. We don't need to read your life got better after you were an only child for 8 years and were blessed with a sibling. Thank you for deleting it and I wish you well on your journey.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (06-07-2016),pointless1  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all,
    Seems like this thread needs to get back on track to being a happy, helpful conversation. 😃
    I have 1 baby girl who is 16mo. Gosh I love her dearly! We are starting to try again for a second but if I'm really honest about it I'm not completely sure I am ready or want another baby. I suppose we are ttc again because we said we always wanted two. We could wait a while but it took 3 years of IVF to get our DD and I don't want to get too old in the mean time.

I can totally see why people would only want 1 child. My neighbour only has 1 and they have this most amazing bond! Hope my DD and I have something similar 😃

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (06-07-2016),surfergal  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Wow.. What an incredibly nasty & b!tchy reply @lilypily.

What a pity you had to resort to making such a snidy comment. I thought we were all adults in here.

I agree with the previous poster.. Time to move on to nicer posts.
    I didn't read it as nasty. It was direct but not intended with any malice I think.

Just try to remember emotions tend to run high in these types of threads.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I'm glad you deleted it, this thread is for people who find themselves in a situation where they were lucky enough to get one child but are struggling to come to terms with not being able to provide a sibling. The thread title is clear. We don't need to read your life got better after you were an only child for 8 years and were blessed with a sibling. Thank you for deleting it and I wish you well on your journey.
    Actually there are many in there that could have another child but chose not to. I don't think the thread title is clear. Are we not welcome?
    Last edited by babyno1onboard; 07-07-2016 at 06:02.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I think anyone is welcome but I read the post and she pretty much confirmed what most of us were concerned with the most, her life was better with a sibling to share it with , something a lot of us can't give our only kids - so I believe she's wasn't intentionally meaning to upset anyone but I did read it and get sad again for my DS, this thread I think is just more supportive and can be quite emotional, that's the only reason I think we should all be sensitive in what we say in some threads , especially if you are not really in the situation we are talking about as it might be harder to empathise and understand what we are all feeling

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (07-07-2016),pointless1  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Actually there are many in there that could have another child but chose not to. I don't think the thread title is clear. Are we not welcome?
    Of course you are welcome! You have 1 child.. The thread calls for parents of 1 child. The post in question boasted about how her life was better once her sibling came along and it was a bit left field compared to all the previous discussion in here about life with 1 child wether we chose to not have more or couldn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I have 1 child and would also love another but it seems unlikely as my husband is dead set against it.. So I find myself trying to come to terms with only having 1. Which is quite funny because I posted in this thread 2 years ago saying 1 was all I wanted or needed.. Goes to show how things change