+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @aquarius hugs - it's hard! We are very happy with our decision to stick with one child. But the questions....! Even my new cleaner felt the need to ask me about my reproductive plans..!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If I had a dollar for every time someone said 'when are you having another' and 'you'll change your mind (after I said I'm having one only)' my mortgage would be paid off
    🙄

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My boss's daughter is pregnant with twins, due any day. I occasionally ask my boss about their progress and another colleague overheard and said to me "oh, you just wish you were having more babies". I thought, well, lucky I don't, because that comment could cut someone like a knife if they were unsuccessfully TTC

I'm still content with just DS, for soooo many reasons.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So glad to see this thread as I had been thinking of starting one myself about being a one child family. DD is 10 months old and for a number of reasons we won't be having another. I too am sick to death of everyone saying oh you say that now you'll change your mind. I feel like saying ok you put up with 40 weeks of SPD and then 1-2 years of osteitis pubis, the fear of a deteriorating placenta, ending up in ICU again and almost losing my baby, another premature birth, a baby with reflux who doesn't sleep (still doesn't) and other health issues, and let's not forget the 2 years of ivf to get here in the first place. And above all that I love my DD to bits and love our little trio even without all the problems I doubt I'd have another one we are happy with our family the way it is.
    Why can't people accept that some people are happy with one child or for whatever reason can't/won't have more?! Rant over 😀

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

LittleDove  (06-07-2016),Ngaiz  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    So glad to see this thread as I had been thinking of starting one myself about being a one child family. DD is 10 months old and for a number of reasons we won't be having another. I too am sick to death of everyone saying oh you say that now you'll change your mind. I feel like saying ok you put up with 40 weeks of SPD and then 1-2 years of osteitis pubis, the fear of a deteriorating placenta, ending up in ICU again and almost losing my baby, another premature birth, a baby with reflux who doesn't sleep (still doesn't) and other health issues, and let's not forget the 2 years of ivf to get here in the first place. And above all that I love my DD to bits and love our little trio even without all the problems I doubt I'd have another one we are happy with our family the way it is.
    Why can't people accept that some people are happy with one child or for whatever reason can't/won't have more?! Rant over
    I had a complicated pregnancy resulting in the premature emergency delivery of DS. It is really, really hard to think about rolling the dice again when there's a high chance of complication. Totally get how you feel.

I haven't received too much hassling about having another child. Most people know what I went through with DS. I think him having ASD also highlights to folks that we already have our hands full - we don't 'need' more children!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here I am sitting with my two children. I love them. I do.

But so many days I wish I didn't have two. I wish I just had one. The age gap has killed me. I'm mentally broken. I haven't enjoyed it. I haven't enjoyed them 'growing up' I feel like I have missed so much. So yes it is ok to have one. Do not feel guilty. Because you are allowed to have one. Just like I'm allowed to feel guilty some days. **** what other people think. Xxx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Joeee  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My boy was an Ivf miracle after 3 years. We tried for number 2 for another 3 and lost her at 14 weeks and I knew I was DONE! Sometimes when I'm hormonal or I see Max with babies I know he would have made a great brother but I know he's very very happy with our family of 3. I have no regrets and everybody knows my journey as I was very honest. I have my sleep back and organising 1 is so easy. It's ok to have 1.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

LittleDove  (06-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Please oh please can we keep this thread going?!? I prob dont really belong here but I just so want to talk with people in the same boat. My dd is 6 this year and our one and only. We desperatly want another but after 4 years and 4 losses it just may not happen. As much as it kills me I do love our little family. There is something kinda special about just having the one. We have this beautiful close bond, its like us against the world. Its also easy and she gets showered with affection from both myself her father and both sets of grandparents (as she is also the only grandchild). I do find it lonely though as all my friends have 2 or more and i really feel like I'm in such a different place to them. I also feel guilty because dd always tells me she wants a sibling and it sucks I can't give her one. Its really nice reading of only children who never felt lonely it makes me feel better about things.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

Joeee  (07-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I have an only child here too.

My son has a generic medical condition so we decided to stop with just my son my son also has Autism and a developmental delay so the questions of having a brother or sister hasn't come yet my son is 6 yrs old.
    I also have to have one of my ovaries removed soon and having to get the other one clamped so no more here.
    Last edited by Mum to a miracle; 12-05-2016 at 20:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have two children, but only one with us now. Our daughter passed away from asthma in 2012 when she was five and a half years old. Our son was 19 months old at the time and is now almost five and a half.
    We have tried desperately to have another child, but at 46, I'm just too old and have no eggs left😢