Calling all parents of ONLY children! | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Calling all parents of ONLY children!

So, I've been off bubhub for quite a while... my son is growing up and all things babies just have no relevance to me any more.

Its a lonely place to be, to have only one child and be HAPPY about it.. so was wondering if there are any others out there lately....??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Meee!

DD is a little over 2, most of my fellow mums groupers and other friends etc are on to their 2nd bub, me I'm just fine with one.

I used to think something must be wrong with me just wanting one. Now I'm starting to entertain the thought of not trying for another "just because", but I do feel like quite the outcast!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just one DS 3 1/2 and won't be having more - I'm a single mum in my late 30's so no chance. But it's lovely and I've never been afraid of being on my own. I'm not traditional either. It has been lonely at times but most of the time it's not lonely at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 3 year old dd. everyone else is on baby no 2. Not sure if we will ever get there. Pretty happy with the way things are

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I'm finding that most of my friends are getting busier and busier with their kids (none of them just have one like me) and my life is starting to get pretty lonely. I definitely understand what you mean by outcast HopefulK .

Dont get me wrong, Im very happy with our decision but I'm starting to notice that we are kind of in our own little bubble.. I cant relate to childless friends.. and I also cant relate to friends with 2 or more kids (and feel that they cannot relate to me and my life either).

Anyway, just thought I'd say Hi and form a thread to discuss anything unique to 1 child families

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (08-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes!! One child here. He is about to turn 3. I am very, very content with one. I adore him, and he is my world....however I am happy with just the one.
    I figure this way, he gets private school and I get a sports car haha!! I am semi joking about that.

I always find that when people ask about having another one, and I say that I just want one, that I have to defend why I just want one. That I have to say Oh I do love kids, love him etc. It is like I must think motherhood is horrid or I have a terrible child etc. This is not true. He is perfect, was an absolute dream of a baby and is still no trouble at all. I just love the balance of one and being able to spoil him (yes, I do) and still have a career that I have worked hard for. Win Win for all.

I had two miscarriages before him, and I think that by the time I finally held my son in my arms, I breathed for the first time in 40 weeks. It was then that I said to myself 'I have you now, and I am not going through that again'!!

There are times that I think I would adore another baby to hold and love, and of course he would love a baby here though we are happy so why change that. Plus it is my son I miss as a baby not necessarily having a baby around.
    Last edited by Addison; 08-03-2014 at 19:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow only 5 of us ... Really!?... No wonder we feel like outcasts!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    Wow only 5 of us ... Really!?... No wonder we feel like outcasts!!
    Lol!!
    I'm pretty happy with just one. There's talk of no 2 but I'm not really too worried if it doesn't happen. I am always torn for my dd though - growing up without at least one sibling. At least if she's the only one we can spoil her lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kriista For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (11-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Most of my friends are onto baby 2 now... I've never felt like an outcast. If anything I think they're a bit crazy lol!

We might have another but no plans yet. DS is almost 2.

There are TONS of benefits to having only one child. I would never have a second because it's the done thing or so my first child had a sibling. Those reasons make no sense to me!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

Daisy Duck  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I am pregnant with number 1 and dh and I are pretty sure this will be it for us. We want to be parents but we also want a certain lifestyle that isnt only about children. . People say im cruel and selfish for not wanting to give our bub a sibling but I don't see it that way. That being said I am not closing the door completely.. but its a wait and see thing

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app